No family walks through life without facing challenges. When those roadblocks arise, and drama descends, remember these drama quotes to help you and your relatives move through difficulties. The hard times won't last forever, but your love for your family certainly will.
Dealing With Family Drama With a Dose of Advice
Sometimes a few quotes offering advice on ways to deal with family drama can be helpful. Learning to take family drama in stride can help you cope with disruptive family members.
- Drama comes and goes. Family stays forever.
- Love means accepting a person, flaws and all.
- Family dynamics are complicated and usually messy.
- Even in the family drama, there is bound to be a lesson learned.
- Remember: You can love them, but you cannot fix them.
- Family dramas are only entertaining when they are on television.
- Messes can be cleaned up, even family messes.
- Life is too short to indulge in family drama.
- Let family in, let drama out.
- Cook up family meals together, not family drama.
Famous Sayings About Family Drama
If you think you're the only one weathering storms with your kin, think again. These famous sayings about family drama prove this path is one walked by many. No one is permanently absolved from family drama and woes.
- "A family is a risky venture, because the greater the love, the greater the loss… that's the trade-off. But I'll take it all." - Brad Pitt
- "I don't think anyone has a normal family." - Edward Furlong
- "Family quarrels are bitter things. They don't go according to any rules. They're not like aches or wounds, they're more like splits in the skin that won't heal because there's not enough material." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
- "Family is not an important thing, it's everything." - Michael J. Fox
- "Don't waste words on people who deserve your silence. Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all." - Mandy Hale
- "Conflict is drama, and how people deal with conflict shows you the kind of people they are." - Stephen Moyer
Funny Family Drama Quotes
When life gets messy and family becomes bent out of shape, sometimes all you can do is laugh about it. After all, they don't say laughter is the best medicine for nothing.
- Who needs a soap opera when you have family?
- When family therapy fails: wine and chocolate.
- Couldn't think of anything to give up for Lent, so I went with family drama.
- "Save the drama for your mama" is one saying all mothers wish would go away.
- Our family is so drama-filled, we could win the Oscar for Best Dramatic Performance.
- Be blessed, not stressed.
- Drama has only one home, and that is on a stage.
- At family reunions: bring the casserole, leave the drama.
- Warning: High family drama factor ahead.
Family Quotes to Help You Deal With Drama Queens
If your family has a drama queen, you know the ups and downs of family gatherings and how nothing big can be turned into something major. A few quotes can help you deal with this type of difficult family member, and sometimes a little humor is helpful.
- Be a Queen, just not a Drama Queen.
- If the family drama queen stirs up a family storm, she can't complain when family members rain down on her.
- Give your family drama queen a loving hug, and then continue with what you were doing.
- Pay no attention to the person behind the curtain; it's just the family drama queen.
- A drama queen is the enemy of peace and quiet.
- Sometimes, the family drama queen just needs to be shown the door.
- Someone hold her crown, the drama queen is back in town.
- Family drama queens thrive on upsetting the family, so keep calm and drink wine.
Family Drama on Social Media Can Be Avoided
Some families insist on displaying their family drama on social media. Even if your Facebook posts are seen only by family members, it isn't the best forum for resolving family issues. Discussions should be had in person, never online.
- Facebook isn't responsible for your family drama; whoever posted the photos is!
- It's easy to avoid family drama, just don't log onto Facebook.
- Social media, FaceTime, and Skype are family drama-free zones.
- Family drama: If you don't want the heat, don't tweet.
- Reminder, Facebook isn't a personal diary for venting about family drama.
- Take a breath before posting family drama on social media.
- Ranting about family drama online seems like a good idea... until you have to see everyone at Sunday dinner.
- You've been nominated for the "Most Embarrassing Family Drama Posted on Social Media" award.
Ignoring Family Drama Is One Way to Deal With It
If you can turn a deaf ear to the family drama, you can continue with whatever you were doing prior to the interruption. You can try countering the chaos with a simple everyday action to stop the unfolding drama in its tracks. If you can't hear it, it can't affect you, right?
- Zoning out in the midst of family drama is a self-survival art form.
- Singing during family drama puts the skids on quickly.
- When family drama erupts, turn on the vacuum cleaner.
- In the midst of family drama, speak softly to anyone yelling at you, forcing them to be quiet so they can hear you.
- When family drama boils over, don't walk away, RUN away.
- In a dramatic family, try playing the quiet game. Everyone is a winner.
Family Drama Quotes Can Help to Relieve Tensions
The danger of family drama is the heightening of emotions and loss of reason. Sometimes a few family drama quotes can help you maintain your composure and keep things in perspective. Family conflict is never comfortable, but a simple quote can sometimes ease the anxiety of a situation and remind you that when it comes to family drama, you are not the first to face it.