Dads and their sons are serious best friend goals. They love and support each other in good times and bad, always having one another's backs. These father-son quotes highlight the unique bond that is often shared between them.
Father Son Quotes That Strike an Emotional Chord
How do you tell the man who raised you how much you appreciate him? One of these quotes is bound to hit the mark.
- A father's love for his son can move mountains.
- Being called "Dad" the only title that matters.
- Fatherhood is an honor and a privilege.
- The richest man is wealthy in a son's love.
- Fathers pave roads to greatness for their sons.
- Fathers and sons build bonds to last a lifetime.
- To love your son and believe in him is to give him all that he needs to succeed in life.
- When you are young, you worry that you will turn into your father. When you grow up, you worry that you will not.
- Fathers show love with actions, not always with words.
- Fathers carry both sons and the weight of the word atop their shoulders.
- If you want your son to grow into a good man, be a good man yourself.
- Blessed is a man who has a son to hold in his arms.
- Raising sons is the hardest, most rewarding work a man can do.
- Sons and fathers fight hard but love harder.
- A father is a boy's first hero.
Funny Father Son Quotes
You cherish him and the banter that you share. These funny quotes sum up your father-son relationship perfectly.
- Son, you are responsible for opening my heart, for making me a man, and for my hair loss.
- Raising a son leaves a hole in your wallet but fills a hole in your heart.
- You taught him to throw a ball, and he taught you that poop isn't so scary.
- Someday he will actually listen to his father, and you simply won't know what to do in that moment.
- Remember: the better you raise him, the more quickly he will leave the nest.
- Love your son enough to tell him he is grounded.
- Dads: They never run low on advice, but are always low on hairs on their heads.
- Sons give their dads everything they need, except sleep.
- Having a father is like having a walking, talking instruction manual.
- Dads get you into mischief when you are young, and out of mischief when you are older.
Father Son Quotes for the Estranged Pair
You have had to work for your relationship, but together the two of you prove that it is better late than never.
- We have butted heads more than once, but we have never given up on each other.
- No matter what happens, I know that you will love me, father.
- Our father-son relationship continues to be a work in progress, while a work of art.
- The hardest things in life are worth fighting for.
- Our bond has been tested, our relationship has been strained, but our love stands true and strong.
- When loving you was hard, I still wanted the job.
- We may not have much in common, but our love is the single thing that we shall always share.
Quotes From a Son to a Father
He was your idol growing up. He taught you everything that you know. Tell him how much you respect and love your father with one of these sweet dad quotes.
- I know I will grow up to be a great man because I had the best teacher.
- I love you, dad. Your dedication to your family is inspirational.
- You took care of me when I was young, and I'll do the same for you in your aging years, dad.
- Dad, through your lessons I learned that failure is not an option. Through your love, I learned that loneliness isn't either.
- When I was little, you had my hand. As I grew, you had my back.
- Dad, throughout my whole life, you have been my number one supporter, biggest fan, and greatest friend. I love you.
- You are my father because you loved me, not because we share DNA. (For a step-relationship.)
- I've made my fair share of mistakes, but through them all, I knew that you would love me no less.
- You are a man who wears many hats, but my favorite hat of yours is the dad hat.
- When everything feels out of control, I just have to look to you, dad, and I know all will be well.
- Once my father, forever my best friend.
- Dad, with you by my side, anything seems possible.
- I'll never be able to thank you enough for your love and support over the years, please know that you are everything to me.
- Dad, I have questioned much in life, but have never questioned your love for me.
- Dad, I am forever guided by your wisdom, entertained by your wit, and comforted by your words.
Quotes From a Father to a Son
When he was born, your heart grew ten sizes. Let him know that he makes you smile every single day with one of these quotes from father to their sons.
- When you were born, son, I knew I had helped to create my best friend.
- Never will there come a day where I won't help pick you up, dust you off, and help you try again.
- Through any storm, I will be your umbrella, son.
- When you arrived into the world, I went from selfish to selfless.
- There shall never come a day where I am not there for my son.
- My son thinks I made him a great man, but it is actually the other way around.
- Son, your very existence makes my heart full.
- Never stop loving, learning, or living my son. Know that I am with you in everything that you do.
- You will travel far, but will never leave my heart, son.
- Son, you are my single greatest accomplishment.
- Nothing makes me prouder than witnessing the man that you have become.
- Son, you are the only perfect thing in this world.
- Son, you were the smallest thing that created the biggest love.
- Son, you never have to do anything to make me proud. Just being you will always be enough.
- Son, leap far, for if you fall, I will be there to catch you.
Fathers and Sons Are Something to Celebrate
The father-son bond is something beautiful, unique, and is certainly something to celebrate. Don't let a day go by where you don't tell your father or your son that you adore him.