Life with brothers and sisters is full of annoying, exciting and sentimental moments. Funny quotes, sayings, jokes and one-liners about siblings capture the experience for use in speeches, personalized gifts, and social media posts. You can even use funny sibling quotes as photo captions to celebrate National Siblings Day on April 10 in the U.S.
Jokes and Sayings About Brothers
Whether it's in his birthday card or at Christmas dinner, funny brother quotes from a sister or brother to a brother can be both meaningful and hilarious.
- Brotherhood - man's oldest competition.
- My brother is my best friend until he tells on me. Then, he's my brother.
- My brother is my partner in crime. Until we get caught, then he did it!
- People say my brother and I look alike. When it's a compliment, he looks like me. When it's not, I look like him.
Funny Little Brother Quotes
Put your little brother in his place using a bit of humor.
- Little brothers are like bop bags, you hit 'em and they keep bouncing back for more.
- He might have a big mouth, but he's still my little brother.
- I don't call you a little brother because you're younger, I call you a little brother because it's my right to belittle you.
- If I was lit, you would tell - that's why you're my lit-tell brother!
- There are lots of famous characters with "Little" in their name like Little Richard or Stuart Little -- too bad you'll never be one of them, little brother!
Funny Older Brother Quotes
When your older brother comes at you with a funny saying, you need to be armed with your own big brother joke.
- Having an older brother really helped me learn how to be a better person. When he does something good, I copy it and when he does something bad, I try not to laugh at him.
- The only thing big about my big brother is his ego!
- Bigger isn't always better, take big brothers for example.
- One thing I can always look forward to in life is that even when I'm old, my big brother will still be older!
- They say "older is wiser," but I've yet to see you demonstrate that as a fact!
Funny Sister Sayings and Quotes
Humorous sister quotes, sayings, and one liners are your chance to let your sister know she's never out of range for a good punchline.
- Sisterhood - man's oldest cult.
- Sometimes people say they can't tell me and my sister apart. Here's a hint: I'm the pretty one.
- Sisters are like psychiatrists. They have no choice but to listen to your whining then turn around and rob you blind.
- Having sisters is like living in Cinderella's house. I'm pretty, overworked and underappreciated, and they're evil.
- My sister is my best friend until she copies my hairstyle. Then, I'll swear she's adopted.
Funny Little Sister Quotes
Let your little sister know you'll always be the queen bee with a funny quote.
- "Little Sister" sounds like the name of a girl group who only had one hit.
- Someone must have been thinking of you, little sister, when they said "a little bit goes a long way."
- You're a little much and I'm a big deal, that's why you're the little sister and I'm the big sister/brother.
- To my little sister, you'll always be a little less smart, a little less cute, and a little less funny than me.
- When you're a little kid, you look forward to getting bigger, too bad little sisters are stuck in that role forever!
Funny Older Sister Quotes
They may be older, but little sisters and brothers can still take a jab at older sisters with funny quotes.
- Thanks to my older sister who broke all the rules, thus creating a new set of rules for me!
- No matter your age, how you look, or how you feel, I'll always get to call you old, sister.
- Older sisters are like a fine wine; until they've aged you only use them for rebellion.
- You may be older than me, sister, but that's all you've got on me!
- I used to want to be like my big sister until I realized that would make me old too.
General Sibling Quotes and Jokes
- Older siblings are like your parents' personal science fair. They're a bunch of experiments.
- Siblings are like free insurance. If you need a new body part, they've got the perfect spare.
- The oldest child always sets the bar. Thank goodness you set it low!
- I wouldn't trade my siblings for the world. I don't have anywhere to put it.
Use the word "brother," "sister," or "sibling" in a play on words to create a fun sibling pun.
- Fear of missing out on having a brother: Bromo.
- Brothers are always helping you out for free, they work pro-bro-no.
- What do you call your brother when he looks like a Ken doll? Broken!
- What kind of sisters won't leave you alone? Persisters!
- What is the meanest kind of sister? Assister!
Quotes About Siblings Fighting
Funny quotes about siblings fighting like those that highlight sibling rivalry are funny because they're true.
- Siblings are like built-in shoplifters, always taking stuff that doesn't belong to them.
- When brothers and sisters get in trouble it's like watching cats and dogs fight. They trade jabs while their tales fly around.
- When your mom asks why you can't all just get along: Sure, a long-distance relationship?
- Sibling fights are like t-ball games, no one actually wins because Mom wants to make things fair and punishes everyone.
- Words are the best weapon siblings have in a fight, whoever yells "Mom, he's/she's hurting me!" first wins.
Teasing Captions for Sibling Photos
From funny motivational quotes to sibling memes, funny brother captions for Instagram or sister captions for Facebook are a necessity of life today.
- With a photo of old Yoda and baby Yoda (you can crop your faces over Yoda's face): Cut from the same cloth, we are, but Yoda ugly one!
- With a photo of your sibling as a baby and your sibling now: I liked you better when you couldn't talk or walk.
- With a photo of you and a cute pet/animal: When I said I wanted someone to play with, this is what I meant!
- With a selfie of you pointing your finger at the camera: I'm not touching you!
- Middle child syndrome is real, too bad there's no cure!
Laugh With Each Other
The bond between siblings is often unbreakable through good times and bad. Poke fun at your favorite brother or sister with a lighthearted quote. You can adapt your favorite brother, sister, or sibling quote to fit your specific situation by replacing the pronouns and changing the tense.