You can pull a quote from plenty of great books and sappy memes, but wouldn't you rather embrace your child with unique words of warmth and love? Use these quotes as is or change up a few words for a personalized touch.
Measure of Love
Help your child visualize how deep and grand your love is with a comparison quote showcasing your feelings in relation to other monumental things. This image helps younger children understand the difficult concept of strong emotion and makes it more concrete for people of any age.
- There is no love more deep and true than the love I give to you.
- My love for you could stretch around the world countless times and when the world is covered, my love could stretch through the galaxy forever moving on.
- You deserve the best I have to give, and that's my undying love as long as you shall live.
- I love you like the touch of a warm ray of sun, gently heating your soul at first chance of a chill.
- May my love forever light your way to a blissful heart and happy soul.
Love is a sentimental subject. If you want a quote that is purely sweet and sappy, these ideas are a perfect fit.
- You may no longer be small, or need my help for all, But you'll always need love from my heart, especially when we are apart.
- Butterflies have wings, so they can fly. Fish have gills, so they can swim. Bunnies have four legs, so they can run. I have a heart, so I can love you.
- When I think of how I love you, there are no words to explain. I love you because you are you, it's that simple and plain.
- Your love discovered parts of me I never knew were there and now my heart is open wide to love completely exposed and bare.
- This perfect, steadfast love we have can never be divided, duplicated, or destroyed.
- My love for you is a guiding star leading me into great adventures in a brand-new world.
Displays of Affection
In life, you should show love as much as you speak about it. Create a lasting image in your child's mind about what your love looks and feels like with these comforting sayings.
- You'll have a piece of my heart today, tomorrow, forever because that's where our love began.
- I hug you and kiss you and tell you I love you because it fills me with joy. I'll hug you and kiss you and tell you I love you some more so you'll be full too.
- My love always speaks to your heart as a long-lost counterpart.
- As I wrap my arms around you, love flows from me to you, you to me, in a circle that moves endlessly.
From Both Parents
Parents who wish to present a united front or emphasize how they share love for their child can use quotes incorporating both people. Sayings like these are great for gifts and notes that come from two or more caregivers.
- Like a superhero squad, our love is strongest when we give it together.
- You are ours. We are Yours. From the moon to the stars, Our love lasts as long as the wind soars.
- Your love gives us the strength to be everything you need.
- They say one plus one is two and one plus two is three, but through love our one plus one is you and one plus two is we.
- No matter who it comes from our love always rests with you.
More Sentimental Quotes
There are many places you'll find emotional phrases meant for children from their parent's point of view. Popular sentimental examples include:
- Love You Forever by Robert Munsch, a quote about how long a parent's love lasts: "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always..."
- In her song A New Day Has Come, Celine Dion sings to her child "... I can't believe I've been touched by an angel with love..."
- "I am your kiss good night, you are my I love you." is a cute quote about this special relationship from Maryann Cusimano Love's book You Are My I Love You.
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney features many great sayings about a parent's love including, "I love you right up to the moon and back."
- The chorus from the Dixie Chicks' song Godspeed says "... Oh, my love will fly to you each night on angel's wings..."
- The children's lullaby Baby Mine shares "If they knew all about you, they'd end up loving you too."
- A lyric from the song Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder says "... I never thought through love we'd be making one as lovely..."
- Classic children's characters Winnie the Pooh and Piglet have a conversation about love and say "How do you spell love? You don't spell it, you feel it."
- Children's author Stacey Kelly offers these words in a poem to her child "... I already knew I loved you like no love I'd ever felt..."
- In the poem My Beautiful Child by W.A.H. Sigourney, the author writes "... Oh! How I love thee, my infant Saint!"
A parent's love is deep and lasting. Share your feelings with your child using an emotional quote in cards, on personalized gifts, or in home décor. If you have trouble putting your own feelings into words, these sweet options are the next best thing.