You can pull a quote from plenty of great books and sappy memes, but wouldn't you rather embrace your child with unique words of warmth and love? Use these quotes as-is or change up a few words for a personalized touch.
Comparison Quotes About a Parent's Love
Love is an abstract concept. Help your child visualize how deep and grand your love is with a comparison quote showcasing your feelings in relation to other monumental things. This image helps younger children understand the difficult concept of strong emotion and makes it more concrete for people of any age.
- My love for you is like an invisible elastic band. No matter how far you go, we are connected.
- I love you stronger than iron and softer than feathers.
- My love for you could stretch around the world countless times, and when the world is covered, my love could stretch through the galaxy forever moving on.
- If my love for you had a color, it would be the whole rainbow.
- I love you like the touch of a warm ray of sun, gently heating your soul at first chance of a chill.
- My love for you is taller than the sky and wider than the galaxy.
- My love for you is a guiding star leading me into great adventures in a brand-new world.
- From the moment you were born, you became the sun to my planet.
- Like a superhero squad, our love is strongest when we give it together.
Quotes About Loving a Grown Child
Time passes quickly, and before you know it, your little one is grown. If you have an empty nest, these quotes are perfect for a graduation card or wedding toast.
- You are the best thing I've done with my life.
- Even though my lap is too small, my heart will always have enough room for you.
- I know you're grown now, but my heart doesn't realize that. In my heart, you will always be my sweet baby.
- I haven't been a perfect person, but the one thing I will never regret is bringing you into this world.
- I see the best parts of myself reflected in you, but you've made all those qualities even better.
- When times are hard, when your friends turn against you and your luck seems to fail, know that I will always be just a phone call away.
- I know you must walk your own path, but let my love be the light to guide you.
- It's a beautiful thing, watching another adult walking around out there in the world with my heart beating inside them.
- I love you for the baby you were and the man (or woman) you are today.
Sweet Quotes for Young Children
Show your sweet little one how much you love him or her with these simple, child-focused love quotes:
- Butterflies have wings, so they can fly. Fish have gills, so they can swim. Bunnies have four legs, so they can run. I have a heart, so I can love you.
- See the stars? I made a wish on one, and I got you.
- There's no bad thing you could do that would ever change my love.
- Wherever you go, my love is with you.
- I hug you and kiss you and tell you I love you because it fills me with joy. I'll hug you and kiss you and tell you I love you some more so you'll be full too.
- I love you when I wake up in the morning. I love you all day long. I love you in my dreams at night.
- No work is more important than my love for you.
- Playing with you is the happiest moment of my day.
- There are thousands of children in the world, and I was lucky enough to get you.
Rhyming Quotes About a Parent's Love
Sometimes, a rhyme is the best way to show your love to your child. If you like family love poems, you'll like these rhyming quotes too.
- There is no love more deep and true than the love I give to you.
- You deserve the best I have to give, and that's my undying love as long as you shall live.
- When I think of how I love you, there are no words to explain. I love you because you are you, it's that simple and plain.
- You may no longer be small, or need my help for all, But you'll always need love from my heart, especially when we are apart.
- They say one plus one is two and one plus two is three, but through love our one plus one is you and one plus two is we.
- Your love discovered parts of me I never knew were there and now my heart is open wide to love completely exposed and bare.
- My love always speaks to your heart as a long-lost counterpart.
- You are ours. We are Yours. From the moon to the stars, our love lasts as long as the wind soars.
- From the moment they put you in my arms, it became my life's work to keep you from harm.
- You may wonder sometimes why I do what I do. Just remember, my child, my every thought is for you.
Quotes About Love From a Step-Parent
A step-parent shares a unique bond with a child, one that doesn't always come across in traditional quotes. Living in a blended family can be challenging, but it's also rewarding. Try these quotes about this special love:
- I didn't have to love you; I got to love you. It's the best choice I've ever made.
- You may not have my eyes, but you have my love forever.
- I "stepped" into my role as your parent. I chose it. And no choice has made me happier.
- My love is with you every day, even the days you aren't with me.
- Your love wasn't give to me at birth. I work every day to earn it.
- Being your step-parent is the best wedding gift your mom (or dad) gave to me.
- Being your step-parent has been the hardest, most heart-breaking, and best thing I've done with my life.
- It's love, not DNA, that makes me your mom (or dad).
- Families aren't like socks. They don't have to match. They just have to be warm and cozy.
Love Quotes for Sons
Boys and men inspire a certain kind of parental love. These quotes can help you express your love for your son:
- My son, you are my heart.
- I love the little boy you are now and the man you will become.
- You are the strongest, kindest boy I know.
- There is one man I love more than any other; he is my son.
- Son, your laugh is the most beautiful sound in the world.
- You may be a man to everyone else, but you're still a little boy to me.
- No matter how many Legos I step on, I'm always so grateful to be your mom (or dad).
- My son, I'll always have your back.
- You are the boy who stole my heart.
Love Quotes for Daughters
If you're the mom or dad of a daughter, you can show your love with these quotes:
- You are more than my daughter; you're also my dearest friend.
- People say that little girls are sweet, but they don't realize they are fierce too. I'm so proud of your strength.
- Daughter, you are more beautiful than a flower and stronger than a mountain.
- I never knew I could love any woman as I love my daughter.
- Daughter, you are my dream come true.
- Daughter, no matter where you go in life, I'm only a phone call away.
- Daughter, you've taught me to braid hair, make fairy crowns, and love more deeply than I ever thought possible.
- Some people like roses or violets, but I think you are the most beautiful thing to watch growing.
- I've never loved anyone like I love my daughter.
More Sentimental Quotes
There are many places you'll find emotional phrases meant for children from their parent's point of view. Popular sentimental examples include:
- From the book Love You Forever by Robert Munsch, a quote about how long a parent's love lasts: "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always..."
- In her song "A New Day Has Come", Celine Dion sings to her child "... I can't believe I've been touched by an angel with love..."
- "I am your kiss good night, you are my I love you." is a cute quote about this special relationship from Maryann Cusimano Love's book You Are My I Love You.
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney features many great sayings about a parent's love including, "I love you right up to the moon and back."
- The chorus from the Dixie Chicks' song "Godspeed" says "... Oh, my love will fly to you each night on angel's wings..."
- The children's lullaby "Baby Mine" shares "If they knew all about you, they'd end up loving you too."
- A lyric from the song "Isn't She Lovely?" by Stevie Wonder says "... I never thought through love we'd be making one as lovely..."
- Classic children's characters Winnie the Pooh and Piglet have a conversation about love and say "How do you spell love? You don't spell it, you feel it."
- Children's author Stacey Kelly offers these words in a poem to her child "... I already knew I loved you like no love I'd ever felt..."
- In the poem "My Beautiful Child" by W.A.H. Sigourney, the author writes "... Oh! How I love thee, my infant Saint!"
A parent's love is deep and lasting. Communicate your feelings with your child using an emotional quote in cards, on personalized gifts, or in home décor. If you have trouble putting your own feelings into words, these sweet options are the next best thing.