People have a lot to say about moms and motherhood in general. Some quotes are sweet and some are funny, but the ones that really hit home always have a ring of truth to them.
Sentimental Quotes to Share With Mom
Who loves your mom more than you? One of these quotes is bound to touch your heart as well as hers.
- Everything I've learned that's worth knowing, I learned from my mother.
- Nobody loves you like your mom. She's your best friend, your most honest critic, and your biggest fan all rolled into one.
- A mother can hug you just with her smile.
- No matter how old I get or how many children I have, I will always be my mother's child.
- There's no safer haven than a mother's arms.
- It was your mom's turn to carry you when you were young. It's your turn to carry her when she grows old.
Quotes to Tickle Mom's Funny Bone
Most moms have a sense of humor. If yours does, try sharing a few of these humorous quotes with her and see if you can get her to crack a smile.
- From the lipstick kiss on your forehead to the handprint on your bum, a mother's love always leaves a mark.
- Moms always want their children to have better lives than they did. Why? So they can move in and live off of them after they retire!
- Nobody warns you that being a new mom includes an endurance test. You have to see how long you can go without sleeping through the night and how long you can hold off hitting your husband with your pillow so he'll wake up and take his turn with the baby.
- Why waste money on therapy when your mom will gladly straighten you out for free?
- Mom: The only one you can truly count on to bake a file in a cake when you wind up in jail.
More Quotes About Mothers
Mothers have also been immortalized in literature, music and other forms of entertainment. Perhaps you're familiar with a few of these quotes.
- "All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." - Abraham Lincoln
- "No one else can be what you have been to me... You will always be the girl in my life..." - Song for Mama by Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds
- "Mothers are a special gift sent from God above. They bless us with their nurturing and fill us with their love." - Mothers Are a Special Gift by Faye Diane Kilday
- "I need you, I need you here, I need you now. I cannot do this alone. I need my Mommy, and dammit, I don't care who knows it." - Gilmore Girls
- "A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take." - Cardinal Mermillod
- "For the hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world." - What Rules the World by W. R. Wallace
- "...The angels, whispering to one another, can find, among their burning terms of love, none so devotional as that of Mother..." - To My Mother by Edgar Allan Poe
- "One is a mother in order to love without beginning or end." - So Long a Letter by Mariama Bâ
- "There ought to be a hall of fame for mamas, creation's most unique and precious pearls." - The Hand That Rocks the Cradle by Theodore Harris
Let Mom Know You're Thinking of Her
Whether you include one of these quotes in a greeting card, copy a few on sticky notes and leave them around the house for her to find, or use one in a Mother's Day speech, one thing is certain. Every mom loves to be acknowledged, so take a few minutes to make your mom's day.