Children are as unique as the day is long, any parent can attest to that. The parenting experience is as diverse as the children making them possible. These parenting quotes hit the nail on the head no matter what kind of parent you are or what kind of kid you are raising.
Funny Parenting Quotes
In parenthood, some days you can laugh, or you will cry. A good sense of humor is a father or mother's most prized tool.
- 90% of parenting is spent wondering when bedtime is.
- How to be a perfect parent is one of the world's greatest mysteries. The other is how to fold a fitted sheet.
- You don't know real anger until you hand your child the wrong colored sippy cup and watch him explode.
- Why isn't there a part of the food triangle entitled: My Kids' Dinner Scraps?
- Having one kid makes you a parent. Two kids makes you a referee. Three or more kids males people openly question your sanity.
- Having kids is like getting on a rollercoaster, with no seatbelts, while it's on fire.
- Pet owners and parents are not the same things. Tell me again how your cat says, "Mom," 4,000 times a day again. Didn't think so.
- Being a parent means taking pleasure in the simple things in life, like vacuuming up Lego blocks and eating the kids' Oreos in the bathroom.
- Remember when you couldn't wait for your kid to talk? Can we go back and make a new wish?
- Today I will be a great parent...but first, coffee.
Parenting Quotes That Might Make You Cry
Parenthood is the most amazing journey that a person can go on. It's hard to put the whole experience into words, but these quotes get close.
- Children will leave your nest, but never your heart.
- Who knew that your greatest teacher in life would be a six-pound infant.
- The day that your child was born, your heart grew ten sizes.
- Parenthood is a marathon. Play the long game.
- If you are trying, then you're doing it right.
- No words can replace "I love you" in a child's world.
- Life before children wasn't life at all.
- A parent's love defies all rules. It can be divided time and time again, yet always remain whole.
- A parent's love is the most unconditional love in the world.
- Sacrifice for them today, so they sacrifice for the world tomorrow.
Parenting Quotes About Raising Teens
The teenage years are trying and bitter-sweet. Gone is your baby and in their place is a person you barely recognize. These quotes will hit parents of teens in the feels.
- Someday I will be so grateful for her strong-willed spirit, but not today. No, not today.
- Teens disrespect you, lie, don't support your dreams, lack communication skills, and are controlling in nature. Congrats. You are currently in a toxic relationship with your child.
- In raising teens, it is important to also have a dog. This way, there is always a happy camper in the house.
- Who knew that simply telling your teenager, "Good morning," could promptly ruin her life.
- Since the day your child was born, you dreaded the day she would fly the nest. Then she became a teenager and all of that dread went right out the window.
- The teen years: where a parent can spend $500 dollars at the supermarket and still destroy their teen because there is nothing to eat in the house.
- Remember when you wanted your kids to be just like you? You forgot about those teen years, didn't you?
- Your parents will never smile as much as they will watching you battle your own teenager.
- You can't break me. I have teens.
- The teen years are meant to prepare them for the next chapter of life, which is ironic since they already know everything there is to know about the world.
- To weather the teen years, you need a strong support system, patience, and wine. Lots and lots of wine.
- If you want your teenager to do something, suggest the opposite. It is a surefire way to get the desired result.
Quotes For Parents Raising Neurodiverse Children
Their minds are beautiful, complex spaces that you, their parent, is privileged enough to get a peek into. Raising neurodiverse children isn't always easy, but every day is an adventure worth looking forward to. These quotes are a testament to the experience.
- Autism is only a part of my child, not the entire painting
- Parents of children on the spectrum know joy, struggle, heartache, and happiness, but they never know boring.
- You can not change your child's diagnosis, but you can bet that the diagnosis will change you.
- The only people more creative than neurodiverse children are their parents.
- Always focus on what your child can do, not what he can not do.
- The world is full of superheroes. They are called parents of neurodiverse children.
- There is only one thing in the world that a parent of a neurodiverse child wishes for: sleep.
- A parent of a child on the spectrum never lives a day without belief.
- The issue isn't that your child can not learn, the issue lies in the teaching.
- My neurodiverse kid's world is more beautiful than your neurotypical kid's world.
- If you have met a parent with a child on the spectrum, then have indeed met a single parent with a child on the spectrum.
Quotes for Parents LGBTQIA+ Kids
Your child is beautiful, special, and paving their own way every single day. Celebrate all that they are and all that they will undoubtedly become with these quotes.
- You raised them their authentic selves, and they finally listened to a piece of your advice!
- A good parent lives to see their child happy and healthy.
- Parenting a child who identifies with LGBTQIA child means that you are forever learning, forever loving, and never judging.
- Your child is your child, no matter how they identify.
- Whomever your child chooses to be, choose to be their community.
- Unconditional love is the greatest gift in the world.
- When my child was born, all I wanted was for them to be healthy. That hasn't changed.
Parenting Quotes on Raising Multiples
Raising multiples is a piece of cake, said no twin parent ever! Not everyone gets to experience raising multiples, but those who do will get these quotes completely.
- Parents of twins have bigger hearts and bigger bags under their eyes.
- Never believe that you can not do something. You grew two humans at once with your body.
- All parents of multiples are overachievers.
- Parenting multiples means double the smiles, double the love, divide the sleep.
- Don't ever let your twins complain about not having things. You birthed them their best friend.
- Parenting multiples is always a win so long as everyone is still alive at the day's end.
- Raising multiples means you have superpowers, like moving in two directions at one time and functioning on absolutely no sleep.
- The best thing you can give a parent of multiples is a nap and some coffee.
- Raising twins is the most beautiful and wildly exhausting experience a human being could ever know.
- To raise multiples is to believe in miracles.
Parenting Quotes for Parenting Adopted Children
You didn't birth your children, but you love them no less.
- DNA doesn't make you family, but love does.
- You chose your child, and that means something.
- Adopting a baby means that dreams really do come true.
- The windiest roads to parenthood yield the most beautiful results.
- Parents of adopted children know the meaning of "I would walk across the world for you."
- He doesn't have your hair or your skin color, but he does have your heart and soul.
- No child was ever more wanted than an adopted child.
- When I laid eyes on you, I knew that you were mine.
- Adoption was the greatest fight of my life, and I would do it over every day of my life if I had to.
- Adopted child isn't a word we recognize. It's just child.
Parenting Quotes for People Raising Blended Families
Having a blended family can be one heck of a rollercoaster, full of ups, downs, twists, and turns. While scary at times, the ride is totally worth it.
- The journey to together was long but completely worthwhile.
- You are the child I never knew I wanted or needed.
- Step-parents step in and do the work with little recognition.
- Being a step-parent means choosing to love a child every single day.
- In blended families, there is no "his" or "hers" just "us."
- Anyone can make a child, true men and women raise them.
- Being a step-parent is its own team sport.
- They might not like you all of the time, but someday they will see how much you loved them.
- Step-parents don't take anything from a child's life, only add to it.
- Family is not an important thing. It's everything. - Michael J. Fox
Parenting Quotes For Parents Who Co-Parent
Life didn't shake out the way you planned, but somehow you and your ex managed to create a family unconventional and beautiful.
- We put our child first, and that is something to be proud of.
- You might regret how things turned out, but you'll never regret the child of that relationship.
- The greatest gift you can give your children is to be friends with their other parent.
- You cannot hate someone who is half of your children.
- Co-parenting is like climbing a mountain. Once you get to the peak, the view is amazing.
- Co-parents learn quickly, there is no point in worrying about what they can not control.
- Just because you are not together doesn't mean that you are alone.
- There is no "right" way to do family.
- Two homes, one family.
- Respect between co-parents is the security blanket kids need.
Quote for Parents of Daughters
They are sugar and spice and everything nice, except when they are not. Raising girls is fulfilling and trying all at once. How can something so cute be so challenging?
- She is small, but oh is she mighty.
- Raise little girls to know what they should expect in a future partner...everything.
- Hold her hand tight now, because she will grow so fast.
- In your arms for only minutes, in your heart for all of your days.
- She will outgrow clothes, shoes, and toys, but will never outgrow your heart.
- Give her roots and wings and she will never want for anything.
- Show her how to be a "somebody", not a "somebodies."
- Parenting her is your greatest honor.
- In her, you birthed your best friend.
- She will steal your heart and then someday she will steal your clothes.
Quotes For Parents of Sons
A son holds a special place in the hearts of his parents. These quotes capture the joy and the hardships that come along with raising little men.
- You are his first hero.
- One day your son, the next your best friend.
- Raise your sons to be men that you can be proud of.
- Give him an example, not just advice.
- Dads will not protect their sons from falls, but they will pick them up and send them off to try again.
- A son takes a man from selfish to selfless.
- In a son, you can have faith that the world will be a better place.
- Hold him young, for someday in your old age he will be strong enough to hold you back.
- Mothers and sons are the very best duo in the land.
- Little boys are heaven on earth.
One Common Factor
Parenthood is so different for everyone, from how they got there to how they parent and who they become in the process. At every parent's core, they share a single driving factor: love.