Family togetherness is important regardless of where you're from and especially during times of distress. Reinforce your desire to promote keeping the family together with a quote about family unity.
Sayings for Co-Parenting
When parents split up, the ideal scenario is to continue promoting a united front through co-parenting for their children. These phrases capture the spirit of family togetherness for children who don't live with both parents in one household.
- We may not live as one, but our family will always be home.
- Family is in our hearts, bonded together for life, no matter where you rest your head.
- Marriage bound us for a little while, but our children keep us together as a family for life.
- On the outside, it may look like we've fallen apart, but as a family, we always stay together in our hearts.
- Recipe for a unified family: 3 cups love, 1 cup empathy, 1/4 cup patience, 1 tablespoon teamwork
Phrases for Emergency Situations
From natural disasters to a death in the family, people need extra support in unexpected times of distress. Rally your family to gather together with these quotes about how unity can help with healing.
- Like a team in the championship game, our family will rally together in triumph.
- Healing happens when individual hearts combine forces to beat as one at the center of a family.
- Take away all our possessions, and we are left with one structure held together by love - family.
- Our family cannot be divided, only rearranged. The end result looks different but still feels unified and full of love.
- Each member of this family is a first responder; when we hear the call we don't hesitate to unify and take action.
Quotes for Families Separated by Distance
Families get separated physically when one or more members move or travel to a location far away. Help your family feel tied together even when you can't see each other with sayings about the power of your bond.
- Near or far, we're only separated by car. As long as we exist, there is no distance across which our family can't persist.
- No matter where we each stand, together we can look upon the same sun, the same moon, and the same sky, so we are forever one family.
- You can't see air, but you need it to breathe and it is always there. Likewise, your family may not be in sight, but we need each other and will always be there.
- As a family, we make - not take - time for each other. That is the key to a strong chain even though some links don't touch.
- The moments we talk to each other or think of each other will add up to the greater sum that is our family.
General Sayings About Togetherness
From family reunions to personalized holiday gifts, quotes about family unity and togetherness are great ways to convey how important your relationships are.
- Like gum to a shoe, you're stuck with me and I'm stuck with you.
- Keeping a family together is like building a puzzle. It may be hard to gather all the pieces, but once gathered, they fit together seamlessly.
- Family unity begins with U - N - I.
- Keeping our family together means doing what's best for each individual and what's best for the family as a whole.
- On our own, we each make waves. Together we form an ocean too vast and strong to be separated.
- Family means Forever All Members Imprint Love on You
If these quotes don't quite fit your needs, sayings about family togetherness and unity are abundant in books, movies and songs.
- Producer DeVon Franklin says of the family in the movie Miracles From Heaven, "Keeping your family together is an extraordinary feat - especially in the face of great conflict."
- Mother Teresa once said, "The family that prays together, stays together."
- From the popular children's song, The More We Get Together, the repeating lyric expresses the joy of togetherness, "The more we get together, the happier we'll be."
- In his song Blue's Freestyle/We Family, Jay-Z sings "Cause more than ever we gon' have to stick together."
- A saying inspired by the art of quilting reads "A family stitched together with love seldom unravels."
- In his book For One More Day, Mitch Albom says "Sticking with your family is what makes it a family."
- The animated children's movie Lilo & Stitch places emphasis on family togetherness as expressed in Lilo and her sister's motto "Family means nobody gets left behind."
- In her book The Marriage Bargain, Jennifer Probst says "Family sticks together no matter what happens."
Promote Family Unity
Words of encouragement and comfort about keeping a family together are important in different scenarios. Find the right quote to fit your family and needs so you can say exactly how you feel.