Throughout your life, your sister is there, laughing with you during good times and supporting you through the bad times. She is the only other person who understands your crazy family and knows both your darkest secrets and your best qualities. From humorous to pensive, these quotes celebrate sisters.
Unique Quotes about Sisters
- I know what you did and I will tell Mom!
- As far as sisters go, you're the best there is, but I'm still the favorite.
- Little sisters - the only person in the world you can blame for the things you did and get by with it.
- You're my sister and my best friend. If you think otherwise, just remember I know all your secrets.
- If you trip and fall in life, I will be there to help you up - after I quit laughing.
- Sisters may drive you crazy, get into your stuff and irritate you. However, if anyone else dares say so, a sister will defend you to the death.
- A sister is a special type of angel on earth who brings out your best qualities.
- Sisters help make the hard times easier and the easy times more fun.
- Sister, we share so many moments that no one else will understand. We've laughed at inside jokes, have our own catch phrases, and understand each other's joy and pain. I can't imagine anyone who would make a better best friend than you and I'm so happy to have you in my life.
- Being without your sister is like being without your heart and soul.
I Love My Sister
- I love my sister because she is all the things I'm not and she brings out the things I am that she isn't. I bring out the best in her and she brings out the best in me. It is one of the few, lifelong relationships that completes who I am.
- We bonded over games, late night movies, pillow fights and making fun of Mom and Dad. I can't imagine life without you, dear sister. I love you more than words could ever express.
- A sister is like a magical mirror where we can see who we truly are on the inside. She sees the best in us and brings out the strongest of emotions. She is often the first person our age that we love and is a friend for life.
- Life would be so barren without a loving sister to share the many precious moments of life.
- She's my steadfast friend, my support when I am weak and my cheerleader when I am discouraged. I can't imagine life without my best friend, my confidante, my sister.
- When you have a sister, you never truly forget the past. If you do, she'll be happy to remind you of all your stupidest mistakes.
- We start our sentences with "remember when" and end our days with a chat on the phone. As children, we fought and argued over everything, but as adults, we are the very best of friends. You are the one person I have always been able to count on and I love you more with each year that passes, my first and dearest friend.
- When we were little, you always watched out for me, big sis. You protected me from others, played with me even when you'd outgrown play time, let me tag along even though you didn't really want to and were simply the best big sister ever. I love you and am so glad that we are sisters.
- When we were little, you loved to get into my stuff. How many tubes of lipstick did you ruin trying to look like your big sister? How many times did you beg and plead until I'd play with you, even when I were too grown up? I took me along with me even though sometimes I didn't want to because I knew we were growing up and I knew that one day my little sister would have friends and activities of her own and I would no longer be such a hero to her. Today, we are both grown and I'm so glad we had those moments. Even though we drove each other crazy at times, I have always been proud to call you sister.
- Our crazy family tree - we're just two nuts who survived it together. Love you, sis.
- We have our own, unspoken language--a look that makes one of us fall on the floor laughing or the slight inflection in our voice that conveys everything. Someone who sees you exactly as you are, and thinks that is enough. - Barbara Bush
- As I grew up, one of my strongest allies was my sister. - Patti Smith
- I don't believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at. - Maya Angelou
- My sister taught me I should speak my mind. - Beyonce Knowles in Flawless
- There's nobody in the world that knows me better than my sister. - Tia Mowry
- She's the toughest player I ever played in my life, and the best person I know. - Serena Williams
A sister is both your mirror and your opposite. - Elizabeth Fishel
I grew up believing my sister was from Neptune and had been sent to earth to kill me. - Zooey Deschanel
My sister and I are as different as night and day and we look at the world differently. But, we listen to each others' complaints and the joys with open arms. I am there for her and she is there for me and there is an unbreakable bond. - Angela Cartwright
She's (Mary-Kate) the most grounded, brutally honest and compassionate person … and my best friend. She's loving and consistent. - Ashley Olsen
Sites to Find Quotes on Sisterhood
These sites all dish up a lot of quotable moments from writers, actors, artists and other notable people.
Brainy Quote pulls up sister quotes as a page of "boxes", each with a different quote from a famous person or sometimes a famous saying. For example, you'll find quotes about sisters from Maya Angelou, Margaret Mead and Oscar Wilde. You'll also find current quotes from people like Venus Williams, Orlando Bloom and Jennifer Aniston. A nice feature of this site is you can share the quote on Facebook or Twitter with the click of a button. If the quotes on this page aren't exactly what you're looking for, the site is easily searchable by other keywords that might apply more specifically to you and your sister.
Quotey Quotes offers several pages filled with quotes about sisters. The quotes are either from a famous individual or is a well-known quote. For example, you'll find quotes from Isadora James, Toni Morrison and Charles M. Schulz, but you'll also find a number of "Author Unknown" quotes that are proverbs or sayings. When you reach the bottom of the first page of quotes, click on the link text marked "Next" to move to the next page of quotes. These quotes are pithy and would work well for a card or wall hanging.
Great Inspirational Quotes
GIQ offers quotes from Pam Brown, Louise Bernikow and Katherine Mansfield. You'll also find a few "Author Unknown" quotes. The site offers a mix of short and long quotes, so if you're looking for some longer quotes about sisters, this is the place to check out. There are enough quotes on this page to keep you busy for a while, but if you need additional quotes, the site also offers "family" quotes you may be interested in.
Songs often say exactly what we mean. The words within the songs on Poem Hunter's sister songs page are all about the special relationships, the good and the bad, sisters share. The page includes lyrics from artists like Bryant Richard, Irving Berlin and Rick Nielson. You'll find songs about little sisters, big sisters and the middle child. Whether you and your sister are Elvis fans or you prefer a band like Cheap Trick, you're sure to find at least one set of song lyrics that speaks about your relationship with your sister.
Goodreads is a site all about books. However, they also provide quotes on different topics from some of those books. Check out Goodread's sister quotes for snippers from books like Beloved by Toni Morrison, Goblin Market and Other Poems by Christina Rossetti, or Shanghai Girls by Lisa See. Trying to track down a quote from a specific book or author? Plug in the book title and the word sister into the Good Reads search bar at the top of the page and view the results.
The Perfect Words
Finding the perfect words to describe how you feel about your sister can take time. Whether you choose to use one of the quotes above, a quote from a famous person or create words that are uniquely yours, be sure the words speak specifically to you and your sister. After all, such a special relationship deserves a special saying.