Throughout your life, your sister is there, laughing with you during good times and supporting you through the bad times. She is the only other person who understands your crazy family and knows both your darkest secrets and your best qualities. From humorous to thoughtful, these quotes celebrate sisters.
Funny Quotes for Sisters
Does your sister share your sense of humor? If she loves funny poems and quotes, make her laugh with these sayings.
- I know what you did, and I will tell Mom!
- As far as sisters go, you're the best there is, but I'm still the favorite.
- If you think I'm high maintenance, you should see my sister.
- Little sisters - the only person in the world you can blame for the things you did and get away with it.
- You're my sister and my best friend. If you think otherwise, just remember I know all your secrets.
- If you trip and fall in life, I will be there to help you up - after I quit laughing.
- When you have a sister, you never truly forget the past. If you do, she'll be happy to remind you of all your stupidest mistakes.
- Our crazy family tree - we're just two nuts who survived it together. Love you, sis.
- No matter how hard you try, sisters are the friends you can never get rid of.
- Yeah, my sister scares me a little bit, but that's part of what I love about her.
Sweet Sister Quotes
It's okay to get sentimental when it comes to your sister. Try these words to tell her how you feel.
- Sisters may drive you crazy, get into your stuff and irritate you. However, if anyone else dares say so, a sister will defend you to the death.
- A sister is a special type of angel on earth who brings out your best qualities.
- Sisters help make the hard times easier and the easy times more fun.
- Sister, we share so many moments that no one else will understand. We laugh at inside jokes, have our own catch phrases, and understand each other's joy and pain. I can't imagine anyone who would make a better best friend than you, and I'm so happy to have you in my life.
- Being without your sister is like being without your heart and soul.
- We start our sentences with "remember when" and end our days with a chat on the phone. As children, we fought and argued over everything, but as adults, we are the very best of friends. You are the one person I have always been able to count on and I love you more with each year that passes, my first and dearest friend.
- Sister, no matter how old we get, being with you is like being a little girl again.
- The best gift Mom and Dad ever gave me was you.
- She's not just my best friend; she's my sister.
- Sister, you are my human diary. You know all my secrets and the deepest wishes of my heart.
I Love My Sister
Is your sister also your best friend? Tell her how much you love her.
- I love my sister because she is all the things I'm not, and she brings out the things I am that she isn't. I bring out the best in her, and she brings out the best in me. It is one of the few, lifelong relationships that completes who I am.
- We bonded over games, late night movies, pillow fights, and making fun of Mom and Dad. I can't imagine life without you, dear sister. I love you more than words could ever express.
- A sister is like a magical mirror where we can see who we truly are on the inside. She sees the best in us and brings out the strongest of emotions. She is often the first person our age that we love and is a friend for life.
- Life would be so barren without a loving sister to share the many precious moments.
- If all I have in my life is a sister who loves me, I consider myself rich.
- She's my steadfast friend, my support when I am weak, and my cheerleader when I am discouraged. I can't imagine life without my best friend, my confidante, my sister.
- Sister, I love you anyway.
- When we were little, you loved to get into my stuff. How many tubes of lipstick did you ruin trying to look like your big sister? How many times did you beg and plead until I'd play with you, even when I was too grown up? I took me along with me even though sometimes I didn't want to because I knew we were growing up and I knew that one day my little sister would have friends and activities of her own and I would no longer be such a hero to her. Today, we are both grown and I'm so glad we had those moments. Even though we drove each other crazy at times, I have always been proud to call you sister.
- Sister, I love our differences as much as our similarities.
- People come and go from our lives, but sister love lasts longer than any other love we know.
Supportive Sister Quotes
No one supports each other like sisters. Use these words to tell her you're there when she needs you.
- If you mess with one sister, you should know there's another sister out there who has her back.
- Having a sister means I always travel with back-up.
- Sister, no matter how difficult it gets, no matter how much we fight, I'm your forever friend.
- A sister is like a great bra - totally beautiful and super supportive.
- Boys come and go, and sometimes, they don't recognize our beauty and worth. But sister, I'll always be here to tell you how you sparkle.
- Sister, when we stand together, nothing else stands a chance.
- Sometimes, a good talk with my sister is all the therapy I need.
- Sister, there is no problem we can't solve when we're together.
- Going through a rough time in life has one great advantage; it teaches you how much your sister really has your back.
- Sister, I've seen your strength all my life, and I will never stop believing you can slay dragons if you wish to.
Big Sister Quotes
The big sister-little sister relationship is unique and special. These quotes describe it well.
- You better watch out! I have a big sister, and I'm not afraid to use her!
- I've learned so many great lessons in life by watching my big sister make mistakes.
- When we were little, you always watched out for me, big sis. You protected me from others, played with me even when you'd outgrown play time, let me tag along even though you didn't really want to, and were simply the best big sister ever. I love you and am so glad that we are sisters.
- My big sister is my hero.
- Being bossy is just how big sisters show their love.
- An older sister is a protector and a confidante, the one who has your back no matter what.
- Having an older sister lets me stay the baby sister all my life.
- Annoying your big sister is just another way to show your love.
- Another year, and you're still older than me! Ha ha!
- I'm the big sister, and I make the rules.
Having a step-sister means have a sister relationship that isn't defined by blood. Tell her how much you care with these words.
- When our parents got married, we're the ones who got a wedding gift: each other.
- Step-sister, you are the sister of my soul.
- Some kinds of sister-love are stronger than blood.
- Sister, we've made our own family, and I'm so lucky to have you in it.
- Sister, you may not share my DNA, but you share my heart.
- Finding each other has been a journey, but you'll be my sister for the rest of my life.
- Happiness is having a step-sister like you.
- Chance brought us together, but nothing will ever tear us apart.
- Even though we're joined by choice instead of blood, you're the best choice my mom (or dad) ever made.
- Step-sister, I am there for you every step of the way.
Quotes from a Brother to a Sister
Brothers and sisters have a unique and sometimes hilarious relationship. If you can't quite find the words to share your love, these quotes can help.
- I know we tease each other all the time, but I'm serious when I tell you that my life is better with you in it.
- Being your brother means being there for you. Period.
- Sister, I know I tried to sell you in third grade, but I'm so glad no one was willing to pay five dollars. You're worth a lot more to me now.
- Being your brother is an honor I didn't ask for, but I'm proud of it every day.
- My sister has an awesome brother.
- Sister, you taught me how to fight and how to love.
- Without a sister like you, my childhood would have been boring.
- My sister is my best friend.
- Sister, you laughed at me so much growing up. Because of you, I know how to laugh at myself.
- My sister defines what it is to be a strong, beautiful woman.
Celebrity Sister Quotes
Celebrities have sisters too, and some of them have shared their feelings about this important relationship.
- We have our own unspoken language--a look that makes one of us fall on the floor laughing or the slight inflection in our voice that conveys everything. Someone who sees you exactly as you are and thinks that is enough. - Barbara Bush
- As I grew up, one of my strongest allies was my sister. - Patti Smith
- I don't believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at. - Maya Angelou
- My sister taught me I should speak my mind. - Beyonce Knowles in Flawless
- There's nobody in the world that knows me better than my sister. - Tia Mowry
- She's the toughest player I ever played in my life, and the best person I know. - Serena Williams
A sister is both your mirror and your opposite. - Elizabeth Fishel
I grew up believing my sister was from Neptune and had been sent to earth to kill me. - Zooey Deschanel
My sister and I are as different as night and day and we look at the world differently. But, we listen to each others' complaints and the joys with open arms. I am there for her and she is there for me and there is an unbreakable bond. - Angela Cartwright
She's (Mary-Kate) the most grounded, brutally honest and compassionate person … and my best friend. She's loving and consistent. - Ashley Olsen
Sites to Find Quotes on Sisterhood
These sites all dish up a lot of quotable moments from writers, actors, artists, and other notable people. You'll find some great sister quotes here.
Brainy Quote pulls up sister quotes as a page of boxes, each with a different quote from a famous person or sometimes a famous saying. For example, you'll find quotes about sisters from Maya Angelou, Margaret Mead, and Oscar Wilde. You'll also find current quotes from people like Venus Williams, Orlando Bloom, and Jennifer Aniston. A nice feature of this site is you can share the quote on Facebook or Twitter with the click of a button.
Great Inspirational Quotes
GIQ offers quotes from Pam Brown, Louise Bernikow, and Katherine Mansfield. You'll also find a few "Author Unknown" quotes. The site offers a mix of short and long quotes, so if you're looking for some longer quotes about sisters, this is the place to check out. There are enough quotes on this page to keep you busy for a while, but if you need additional quotes, the site also offers "family" quotes you may be interested in.
Songs often say exactly what we mean. The words within the songs on Poem Hunter's sister songs page are all about the special relationships, the good and the bad, sisters share. The page includes lyrics from artists like Bryant Richard, Irving Berlin, and Rick Nielson. You'll find songs about little sisters, big sisters, and the middle child.
Goodreads is a site all about books. However, they also provide quotes on different topics from some of those books. Check out Goodread's sister quotes for snippers from books like Beloved by Toni Morrison, Goblin Market and Other Poems by Christina Rossetti, or Shanghai Girls by Lisa See. Trying to track down a quote from a specific book or author? Plug in the book title and the word sister into the Good Reads search bar at the top of the page and view the results.
The Perfect Words
Finding the perfect words to describe how you feel about your sister can take time. Whether you want to show your sister your love on her wedding day, send her a special birthday message, or use a saying in a sister scrapbook, there are lots of options to choose from. Read them all, and then decide what works for you. After all, such a special relationship deserves a special saying.