Although stepfamilies are nothing new, it can be difficult to find sayings, phrases, and quotes that capture what stepfamilies are all about. Use stepfamily quotes on holiday cards, wall-hangings, or even to flaunt your blended family on social media.
Funny Stepfamily Quotes
Humor helps people relate and work through difficult situations. Make light of your family structure with funny quotes that speak to the unique ways stepfamilies work. All quotes in this article are by Michele Meleen and Gabrielle Applebury unless otherwise noted.
- Some days we're a step down, but most days we're a step up!
- Safety warning: watch your stepfamily!
- Step-families are like a belt: some days you have to take them in, while other days you need to let them out.
- It would take too long to explain how we're all technically related, but it only takes one word to sum it up - family.
- To create a stepfamily you have to be apartmental: a part mental!
- Step into our family and see what the good crazy is all about!
- Having step siblings means double the wardrobe and double the toys!
- We combined our two families to make one mega, magical, super-strong, ultra powerful family.
- Having a stepfamily means there are more siblings to blame when I make a mess!
- Why have one family when you can have two!
Blended Family Quotes
For those who prefer the term blended family over stepfamily, these sayings may work for you.
- Like a delicious smoothie, we're blended to perfection!
- Blending a family isn't about making everything the same, it's about mixing two things to make something new.
- When two families combine, they create a new definition of love.
- You wouldn't use a forceful effort to create something delicate, so don't try blending families with one either.
- Bright families are just like bright colors: when you blend two, such as red and blue, you get something beautiful!
- Just like stepfamilies, there's a reason you're supposed to keep the lid on when blending, so all the ingredients don't come flying out at once!
- Our blended family is unique, silly, and filled with lots of love.
- Being in a blended family means there's a lot of extra love to go around.
- Some may not understand our blended family, but to me it's pure bliss.
- We weren't with each other from the start, but if you met us you'd think we had been together all along.
Sentimental Step-Family Quotes
Despite what mainstream media says, some stepfamilies get along great and truly love each other. Give these happy blended families the props they deserve with a sweet quote.
- We all took one step back when life didn't go as planned, but now we take all our steps forward together.
- Families aren't built on blood and genes, they stand on a foundation of commitment and care.
- No matter the word that comes before it, every family is still a family at the core.
- We started as separate, but now we're together.
- I didn't necessarily want a new family, but I'm glad this one found me.
- Families don't have to start together to end together.
- In math one plus one equals two, in families one plus one equals too.
- Even God makes mistakes when he was handing out families. Ours got switched at birth and only now discovered we were meant to be together.
- Blended or stepfamily? To me we're just family plain and simple.
- To me being a part of a stepfamily means more love, more support, and more laughter.
- There's not one right way to be a family and to me ours is just as it should be.
Stepfamily Quotes Inspired By Pop Culture
From Hollywood to politics, nontraditional families are almost the norm in pop culture. Use your favorite shows, songs, or celebrities as inspiration to celebrate your stepfamily.
- Just think of your stepfamily as your original family members after taking some polyjuice potion.
- It was definitely much more than a hunch, this family was destined to become a blended bunch!
- We might not be keeping up with the Kardashian's, but we certainly make blended families look good!
- My stepfamily is like the Olympics, we come together for the opening ceremony, then it's every man for himself!
- If the Trumps can do it, so can we! Make Blended Families Great Again!
Step Children Quotes
Quotes about your step children can help celebrate adding new members to the family. They make everyone feel included.
- I thought I couldn't love any child as much as I love my own until I met my step child.
- My heart is filled with love for all of my children.
- My step children have proved that parental love has nothing to do with biology.
- My life changed for the better the minute I met my step children.
- My step child has opened up my heart completely.
- Parenting isn't an easy job, but one thing I know for sure is that it's easy being your step mom (or dad).
- Being your step mom (or dad) has and will continue to be a privilege that I'm so thankful for.
- My step children are my children.
- Your step children hold a special place in your heart.
Step Siblings Quotes
Step sibling quotes highlight the greatness that can come when a family joins forces and siblings can come together.
- I always wanted a brother and I feel so lucky to have such an incredible step brother.
- Step siblings share a unique connection that is unlike any other.
- Though not all of my brothers and sisters are related, the love I have for them sees no bounds.
- Although we haven't known each other since birth, I know that my step sister will always be there for me.
- Step siblings go through ups and downs, but are there for each other through it all.
- You're the sister I always wanted and I'm so happy that we're forever bonded as step siblings.
- Why call us step siblings, to me we're sisters.
- Step siblings are siblings by choice.
- The relationships between step siblings is complex, messy, and beautifully wonderful.
Quotes for Joining Two Families
Creating a new family unit can feel intimidating. Celebrate the journey of joining two families together with some heartfelt sentiments.
- Two families have the potential to create one incredible, big, loving family.
- It can be scary to join two families together, but the love only multiplies.
- Learning how to adjust to joining our two families together was intimidating at first, but now I can't imagine my life any other way.
- Having our two families come together has been one of the happiest moments of my life.
- I can't believe how lucky I am to have such a loving blended family.
- Who would have thought that joining our two families together would make one perfect family.
- Joining our two families together was the best decision I've ever made.
- We're so lucky that our families just click and seem to fit together perfectly.
- I wish we had joined our families sooner, but I'm grateful for all the moments we'll share in our future together.
Joining together in marriage and beginning a new life as a blended family is an incredible moment.
- The day I married you, I not only gained a new partner, but an incredible family.
- I never thought I'd be so lucky to marry into such an amazing family that now I'm a part of.
- Your family has accepted me and my children for who we are and for that I am incredibly grateful.
- I'm filled with joy knowing that our marriage solidifies the union of not only our partnership, but our families coming together as one.
- I not only get to marry my best friend, but I also get to be a part of an amazing family.
- I can't wait to share in all the joys and sorrows that come our way- I know as a family we can tackle anything together.
- Our union not only signifies our partnership, but our strong and resilient family unit.
- I never imagined myself being a part of a blended family, but now I can't see myself being this happy any other way.
Celebrities spend a lot of time in the spotlight and come prepared with great phrases and sayings since they're likely to get quoted in the media.
- "I understand that he has a mom, and I respect that, but to me it's not like because somebody else delivered him, that's not my child," shares supermodel Gisele Bündchen about her stepson.
- In her book Acheron, Sherrilyn Kenyon writes, "Yeah, we're family. Psychotic, bizarre and a hodgepodge of personalities that should probably never be blended, but here we are."
- Ray Johnson shares what it really takes to be a step parent when he says, "It takes a strong man to accept somebody else's children and step up to the plate another man left on the table."
- In the movie Stepmom, main character Jackie shares this sentiment about her kids and their stepmom, "They don't have to choose. They can have us both."
- "Stepparenting is like working at a late-night convenience store - all of the responsibility and none of the authority," shares Valerie J. Lewis Coleman in her book Blended Families An Anthology.
Celebrate Your Stepfamily
Specialized quotes capture the spirit of each unique stepfamily and help give a sense of belonging. Celebrate the ups and downs of your blended family that give you all a bonded identity together.