Blended families are a common family structure in today's modern society. Your blended family is unique, as several people from different backgrounds and experiences came together to create a unit that is special and one-of-a-kind. These family quotes highlight the ups, downs, and magic that go along with creating a stepfamily.
Funny Blended Family Quotes to Get the Gang Giggling
Laughter truly is the best medicine, and humor helps people relate and work through difficult situations. Make light of your family structure with humorous quotes that speak to the unique ways blended families work.
- Some days we're a step down, but most days, we're a step up!
- Safety warning: watch your "step" family!
- Blended families are like a belt: some days you have to take them in, while other days you need to let them out.
- It would take too long to explain how we're all technically related, but it only takes one word to sum it up - family.
- To create a blended family, you have to be apartmental: a part mental!
- Step into our family and see what the good crazy is all about!
- Having stepsiblings means double the wardrobe and double the toys!
- We combined our two families to make one mega, magical, super-strong, ultra-powerful family.
- Having a blended family means there are more siblings to blame when I make a mess!
- Why have one family when you can have two?
- Our family embodies the term, "The more, the merrier!"
- This blended family is twice the crazy, twice the chaos, and ten times the fun.
- This gang is blended with a cup of love, a cup of patience, and a cup of crazy.
Famous Quotes From Celebs Who Know the Beauty of Blended
There is no shortage of famous parents who built their families by blending. Celebrities spend a lot of time in the spotlight and come prepared with great phrases and sayings since they're likely to get quoted in the media.
- "I understand that he has a mom, and I respect that, but to me, it's not like because somebody else delivered him, that's not my child," shares supermodel Gisele Bündchen about her stepson.
- In her book Acheron, Sherrilyn Kenyon writes, "Yeah, we're family. Psychotic, bizarre, and a hodgepodge of personalities that should probably never be blended, but here we are."
- Ray Johnson shares what it really takes to be a stepparent when he says, "It takes a strong man to accept somebody else's children and step up to the plate another man left on the table."
- In the movie Stepmom, the main character Jackie shares this sentiment about her kids and their stepmom, "They don't have to choose. They can have us both."
- "Stepparenting is like working at a late-night convenience store - all of the responsibility and none of the authority," shares Valerie J. Lewis Coleman in her book Blended Families An Anthology.
- "Being a stepdad... has taught me, really, what love is like, what life is really like (and) how God intends us to love. One of the greatest gifts in the world is children. - Russell Wilson
- "Craig gave me the biggest gift in allowing me into the family dynamic. He gave the kids permission to love me." Abby Wambach on being a bonus mom to her wife's three teenage children
- "I never wanted kids. Then I became a stepmom, and there was no place I'd rather be than with them." - Gabrielle Union
Beautiful Blended Family Quotes That Capture the Love
These family quotes truly capture the beauty of blending a group of loving, committed people and creating a family out of them.
- Like a delicious smoothie, we're blended to perfection!
- Blessed to be blended.
- Our blended brood proves that the whole is stronger than its parts.
- Blending a family isn't about making everything the same. It's about mixing two things to make something new.
- When two families combine, they create a new definition of love.
- At first glance, you wouldn't guess we would work together, but somehow we just do.
- Bright families are just like bright colors: when you blend two, such as red and blue, you get something beautiful!
- Just like stepfamilies, there's a reason you're supposed to keep the lid on when blending, so all the ingredients don't come flying out at once!
- Our blended family is unique, silly, and filled with lots of love.
- Being in a blended family means there's a lot of extra love to go around.
- Some may not understand our blended family, but to me, it's pure bliss.
- We weren't with each other from the start, but if you met us, you'd think we had been together all along.
Sentimental Stepfamily Quotes
Despite what mainstream media says, some stepfamilies get along great and genuinely love each other. Give these happy blended families the props they deserve with a sweet quote.
- We all took one step back when life didn't go as planned, but now we take all our steps forward together.
- Families aren't built on blood and genes. They stand on a foundation of commitment and care.
- No matter the word that comes before it, every family is still a family at the core.
- We started as separate, but now we're together.
- I didn't necessarily want a new family, but I'm glad this one found me.
- Families don't have to start together to end together.
- In math, one plus one equals two. In families, one plus one equals too.
- Broken paths led to mended hearts.
- Blended or stepfamily? To me, we're just family, plain and simple.
- Being a part of a stepfamily means more love, more support, and more laughter.
- There's no one right way to be a family, and to me, ours is just as it should be.
- Blended families mean bonus grandmas, and there is simply no drawback to more grandmas!
Blended Quotes Inspired by Pop Culture
From Hollywood to politics, nontraditional families are almost the norm in pop culture. Use your favorite shows, songs, or celebrities as inspiration to celebrate your stepfamily.
- Just think of your blended gang as your original family members after taking some polyjuice potion.
- It was definitely much more than a hunch, and this family was destined to become a blended bunch!
- We might not be keeping up with the Kardashians, but we certainly make blended families look good!
- My stepfamily is like the Olympics. We come together for the opening ceremony, then it's every man for himself!
- Sometimes this family makes us all think we are living in Twilight Zone.
- Our big blended family gives a whole new meaning to the term: Hunger Games, come dinner time.
Stepchildren Quotes to Prove Family is Family
Quotes about your stepchildren can help celebrate adding new members to the family. They make everyone feel included and loved, and highlight the beauty beyond biological.
- I thought I couldn't love any child as much as I love my own, until I met my bonus child.
- My heart is full of love for all of my children.
- My stepchildren have proven that parental love has nothing to do with biology.
- My life changed for the better the minute I met my stepchildren.
- My stepchild has opened up my heart completely.
- Parenting isn't an easy job, but one thing I know for sure is that it's easy being your stepmom (or dad).
- Being your stepmom (or dad) has and will continue to be a privilege that I'm so thankful for.
- I don't have stepchildren. I just have children.
- Your stepchildren hold a special place in your heart.
- Homes have steps. Families simply have children.
- Because of my stepkids, I smile wider, laugh louder, and love deeper.
Heartwarming Stepsibling Quotes
Stepsibling quotes highlight the greatness that ensues when a family joins forces. The sibling bonds that are formed through marriage become unbreakable friendships that last throughout people's lives.
- I always wanted a brother, and I feel so lucky to have such an incredible stepbrother.
- Stepsiblings share a unique connection that is unlike any other.
- Though not all of my brothers and sisters are related, the love I have for them knows no bounds.
- Although we haven't known each other since birth, I know that my stepsister will always be there for me.
- Stepsiblings go through ups and downs, but are there for each other through it all.
- You're the sister I always wanted; and I'm so happy that we're forever bonded as stepsiblings.
- Why call us stepsiblings? To me, we're sisters.
- Stepsiblings are siblings by choice.
- The relationship between stepsiblings is complex and beautifully wonderful.
Encouraging and Uplifting Quotes for Joining Two Families
Creating a new family unit can feel intimidating. Celebrate the journey of joining two families together with some heartfelt sentiments.
- Two families have the potential to create one incredible, big, loving family.
- It can be scary to join two families together, but the love only multiplies.
- Learning how to adjust to joining our two families together was intimidating at first, but now I can't imagine my life any other way.
- Having our two families come together has been one of the happiest moments of my life.
- I can't believe how lucky I am to have such a loving blended family.
- Who would have thought that joining our two families together would make one perfect family?
- Joining our two families together was the best decision I've ever made.
- We're so lucky that our families just click, and seem to fit together perfectly.
- I wish we had joined our families sooner, but I'm grateful for all the moments we'll share in our future together.
- Blending these broods was a leap of faith I would take over and over every single day for the rest of my life.
- If it is scary and hard, it is probably worth doing.
Wedding Quotes for Wonderfully Blended Families
Joining together in marriage and beginning a new life as a blended family is an incredible moment.
- The day I married you, I not only gained a new partner but an incredible family.
- I never thought I'd be so lucky to marry into such an amazing family.
- Your family has accepted my children and me for who we are, and for that, I am incredibly grateful.
- I'm filled with joy knowing that our marriage solidifies the union of not only our partnership, but our families coming together as one.
- I not only get to marry my best friend, but I also get to be a part of a fantastic family.
- I can't wait to share in all the joys and sorrows that come our way. I know as a family we can tackle anything together.
- Our union not only signifies our partnership, but our strong and resilient family unit.
- I never imagined myself being a part of a blended family, but now I can't see myself being this happy any other way.
- When we wed, we said, "I do," to so much more than each other.
- I love you, I choose you, and I wed you. To them, I pledge the same.
- With this ring, I thee stepparent.
- Color me a beautiful, blended bride!
Celebrate Your Blended Family
Specialized quotes capture the spirit of each unique stepfamily, and help create a sense of belonging. Celebrate the ups and downs that give you all a bonded identity together and you'll never want to call it quits with your blended family.