Stepparents are bonus parents that can enrich children's lives by adding an extra special layer of love. The relationship between a stepparent and child is unique and often built over time. Celebrate the bond with your stepparent with a few of these heartfelt stepparent quotes.
Stepparent Quotes to Invoke Laughter
Laughter is the perfect medicine. It can strengthen bonds, mend fences, and create joy. Share a funny quote with your bonus parent, expressing how much you adore them.
- We don't all biologically match, but matching is over-rated. Love you!
- We don't do "halves" in this house unless it's creamer or caffeine.
- Being a stepparent meant stepping up, stepping in, and sometimes getting stepped on. I'm so glad you were up to the task.
- Not everyone wants the job of a stepparent, thanks for applying so many years back.
- I'll never be able to thank you enough for not giving up and running for the hills.
- To love a teenager that you didn't birth makes you an unofficial superhero.
- Thank goodness you have an adventurous spirit. Loving this family is definitely an adventure!
- Loving me has certainly been a rollercoaster ride. I'm so grateful that you are such a thrill-seeker.
- What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I guess you have me to thank for your hulk-like strength then.
- Loving us kids was easy. Now loving dad? Well, THAT you deserve a trophy for!
Stepparent Quotes to Warm the Heart
If you scored an excellent stepparent, let them know that you love them with all of your heart.
- You made our family whole. Thank you for loving us all.
- You never tried to replace my parent, and now I could never replace you.
- The only condition to your love was that it was forever unconditional.
- Anyone can be a biological parent, but to be a stepparent takes sheer grit, determination, and endless love.
- Not everyone gets to choose their family, thank you for choosing us.
- A stepparent has more room in their hearts than any other human being in the world.
- You worked endlessly to earn the title of dad, it is my honor to be the one to give it to you.
- I was never your stepchild, simply, "your child."
- I might not resemble you on the outside, but on the inside, we have identical hearts.
- During dark times, you were a beacon of light guiding my way.
Quotes From Stepson
A daughter-stepparent relationship is a special one when done right. Show your stepdad or stepmom that you feel blessed to have them in your life.
- Thank you for showing me how a real man loves a woman.
- I didn't make things easy on you, but your patience and perseverance have been one of life's greatest lessons.
- Being father and son has nothing to do with genetics.
- You taught me how to throw a ball, how to treat a girl, and how to be a selfless human being. All of which I am grateful for.
- You didn't give me life, but you gave me love.
- The only competition that you were ever interested in was my sporting events. Thank you for being an incredible team player.
Quotes From Stepdaughter
Raising you was no picnic, so remind your stepparent that you would never have made it this far without them.
- When I was little you fixed my bike, my boo-boos, and somewhere along the way, my heart.
- I'm so blessed to have a father on each arm when I walk down the aisle.
- Because of you, I know exactly what I want in a partner.
- Thank you for making me feel like a bonus in your life and not a burden.
- Since you have come into my life, I have spent every day feeling like your treasure.
- Parenthood is hard. Thank you for having superhuman strength.
- I taught you about tea parties, dollhouses, and ponytails. You taught me about unconditional love.
Stepparents Appreciate the Love
Stepparents never want to rock the boat, cause family tension, or be perceived as the "bad guy," and they sometimes get overlooked during holidays devoted to parenting. Make sure that you give a shout-out to your stepparent on Mother's Day, Father's Day, and their birthdays. They will so appreciate your love and recognition on a day devoted to parenting. Really, any day is a great day to remind a stepparent of your love.