Co-parenting can be a wild road traveled, full of highs and lows. Parents who were once together, but are now apart, have had to learn to work as a brand new kind of team. When they finally reach the sweet spot of healthy co-parenting, though, the benefits and rewards are completely worthwhile. These co-parenting quotes capture the essence of the unique relationship that former partners sharing children know all too well.
Co-Parenting: An Incredibly Important Job
Co-parenting. It's a hard job, but somebody has to do it...that somebody is you! You had a child with another person, and just because the two of you couldn't make things work romantically doesn't mean that you can cut ties and jump ship. Until your offspring reaches adulthood, you and your ex are in one another's lives in some way, shape, or form. Getting through the initial sadness, hurt, anger and depression may take some time, but ultimately you will want to be at a place with your ex where co-parenting is a piece of cake and dare we say almost fun. These inspiring quotes manage to sum up the many kinds of co-parenting relationships that people find themselves in.
Funny Co-Parenting Quotes
Co-parenting can be a crazy, emotional experience, and sometimes all you can do is laugh about it.
- We made a mess of things, but then we managed to clean it all up. That might be our greatest showing of teamwork yet!
- Raising kids apart is grueling, but on the hard days where they go stay with you, at least I get to say, "Tag! You're it!"
- We did a lot wrong, but in the kids, we at least one thing right!
- Thanks for still putting up with me, long after you legally don't have to.
- Co-parenting is a wild ride... in a car with no brakes or seatbelts, that seems to always be on fire.
- It is during these teenage years where I am so grateful to be able to say, "Go see your father."
- Thanks for always being the bad guy so that I don't have to be!
- When our kids are grown, at least we can say that we raised survivors!
- There are no awards in parenting, but if there were, we would definitely get the "Teamwork" award, or at the very least the participation nod.
- All I ask of you is to help raise our kids...and maybe split the inevitable therapy bill that will be coming our way!
- We failed at romance but got an A+ in friendship and co-parenting.
- Sometimes I want to just give up, but then I remember the weekend is coming and you have the kids! Then I'm ready to live again!
- Sharing the kids isn't easy, sharing the fights, the drama, and the discipline? Happy to share all of that with you!
Co-Parenting Quotes From a Biological Mom to Step-Mom
She shares in the joys, the tears, and the heartache that is raising kids. Let a good step-mom know that she is a great partner and friend.
- I never thought I wanted to share the title of mom, but with you, I gladly share my crown.
- The kids are so blessed to have a bio mom and a bonus mom.
- Thanks for sharing parenting duties, especially the fights, the drama, and the madness that is raising teens.
- It takes a special person to willingly want to take on the role of step-mom. You are one of a kind.
- It takes more than one strong woman to raise these wild children. Thanks for being up to the task.
- There is no "bio" or "step" in Team Mom.
- She looks like me and she loves like you. Together we are raising a wonderful human.
- You put that whole evil step-mom thing to bed! We are so blessed to have you in this family.
- For a long time, divorce was a cloud in our lives. You came around and become a ray of sunshine for all of us, and we are eternally grateful for you.
Co-Parenting Quotes From a Biological Dad to Step-Dad
Together you and your children's step-father are raising strong kids. Let him know that you are grateful for him.
- I gave him life, but you have helped give him love. For thank I thank you.
- Our son will grow up to be a wonderful man because two wonderful men are raising him.
- Our daughter has two arms for the sole purpose of both of us being able to walk her down the aisle.
- Together we show the world that more love is simply better.
- With both of us in the kids' lives, they have twice the love, twice the guidance, and twice the bad dad jokes.
- I am grateful that you love the children as your own. In their eyes, we are equals and in my eyes I am lucky.
- The world would be a better place if it was full of awesome dads like us.
Co-Parenting Quotes for Strained Relationships
Your relationship has been full of ups and downs, but finally, you are in a space of peace. These quotes describe the incredible journey that you took together.
- There were times where we never thought we could see eye to eye, so I'm proud of how we have landed in a place of positive co-parenting.
- Co-parenting has been a rollercoaster ride for sure, but neither of us ever got off the ride, thank goodness!
- My heart broke when we split, but as we have grown as parents, a new space in my heart was made just for you.
- Our partnership looks different, but our goals for the kids have always stayed the same.
- We gave up on working together a million times. Thank goodness we are both too stubborn to ever give up on anything!
- It took a long time to land at the co-parenting destination. I'm so glad we weather the storms and made it into the light.
- I have had to learn to love you differently because I could never hate a person who my children are made up of.
- In co-parenting, some days are hard, but all days are worth trying for.
- Our co-parenting relationship is a beautiful mess, but it is our mess.
- We had to hit rock bottom before we could climb up to the awesome place of co-parenting that we find ourselves in today.
Sentimental Co-Parenting Quotes
The marriage didn't pan out, but still, you love, appreciate and honor your children's parent.
- Our family tree is full of branches moving in different directions, but when it comes to the roots, we are grounded with each other.
- Splitting up broke our hearts into two, but our hearts healed stronger and now we can never be broken again.
- The romance is gone, but the bond we have with our kids and each other will remain the same for eternity.
- Our love has changed, but never went away, and I see that in our children.
- Of all the gifts I have received in life, you have given me the greatest gift of all, our children.
- We thought our relationship was dead, but this beautiful co-parenting partnership grew from the ashes.
- "At the end of the day, you've got to be a little selfless. You have to say 'It's not about us.'" - Nick Cannon
- We show the world that there is so much beauty in the broken.
- Through thick and thin, good times and bad, we still stand together, and that is certainly something.
- Our family looks and functions differently than most, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
- I'm so grateful that you are still a huge part of mine and the kids' lives.
- Our children are so lucky to have us as their parents, and I am so lucky to walk with you through parenthood.
- Co-parenting means I am on my own, but never alone. Thank you for your support.
- "Our children are our universe, and we look forward to living the rest of our lives with them as the first priority." - Drew Barrymore
Support Your Ex
Nothing says, "Hey, I'm in your corner," like a nicely-thought-out saying or quote. You and your former partner are over and done with romantically, but you both still need to support your children and, at times, each other. Even when it feels difficult and uncomfortable, supporting an ex is probably going to benefit your shared children, and ultimately that is the number one co-parenting goal.