You've probably heard the saying, "Can't live with them, can't live without them." You may have used it once or twice when you've had enough of a family member's antics. These quotes can help lighten the burden of stressful situations and help you express the love you feel for your family, despite the rough patches that arise now and again.
Quotes About Family
No doubt any of us could come up with numerous sayings about the meaning and significance of family. The following quotes are original quotations by the author of this article.
Funny Family Quotes
Silly family quotes are nice to keep in your back pocket for a good laugh.
- Family ties mean that no matter how much you might want to run from your family, you can't.
- The bigger your family, the bigger your problems.
- Family is like that annoying itch you can't scratch.
- Caller ID was invented for family screening.
- Family is a blessing. Just keep saying that when you are irritated by something a family member does or says.
Sweet Family Quotes
It's nice to have a few touching family sayings around as a way to express how much you care about your loved ones.
- Once a mother, always a mother.
- Family knows your flaws but loves you, anyway.
- Love your family as you love yourself.
- Family makes you who you are and who you aren't.
- God wouldn't have given you a family if He didn't think you needed it.
- Where there is family, there is love.
- Family is the heart of a home.
- Love starts with family.
- A family takes care of their own.
- The strength of family isn't determined by the number of members, but rather by the amount of love given and received.
- Family is forever.
Family Quotes About Connection
Family and connectedness go together despite the twists and turns that accompany familial relationships.
- A hug from family lasts a lifetime.
- Whoever said, "Love 'em then leave 'em" wasn't talking about family.
- Life begins with family and ends with family.
- A mother's love never wanes.
- You can't control what your family says, but you can control how much you listen and how you react to it.
- The love of family is like no other.
- A family who disagrees, cares.
- You inherited a piece of everyone in your family. If you insult them, you insult yourself.
- Family gives you the roots to stand tall and strong.
- Tears flow from the eyes of loved ones the day you're born, and the day you pass.
- In a family, the sadness of one is the sadness of all.
- Family love is never broken.
- It only takes two to make a family.
Short and Sweet Family Quotes
It's nice to have concise expressions of love to share with your family. The following sayings were written by Gabrielle Applebury.
- There is no love greater than the love shared within a family.
- Your family will always hold your heart.
- Family is there to support you and honor your decisions.
- No matter what happens, a family will always have your back.
- A family is the purest form of love and acceptance.
- No one knows you better than your family does.
- Love, honesty, and connection are cultivated in a family.
- The bond between a parent and child is unbreakable.
- A family that supports one another thrives.
- Connections within a family are powerful forces of nature.
Moving Family Sayings
Nothing is better than a truly sincere and loving family saying. The following quotes were written by Gabrielle Applebury.
- All families are different and unique, but they all have one thing in common- love.
- Families should celebrate each member's unique identity.
- No matter how big or small the family, what matters most is love.
- A family is a group of people who love unconditionally.
- Through ups and downs, a family will stand by each other.
- A family creates a safe space for each member to grow and develop into the person they were meant to be.
- There is no more powerful love than one a parent feels for their child.
- A family is who you choose to be by your side and love unconditionally.
- Families shape who we are and who we choose to become.
- It's hard to put into words just how much love a parent feels for their child.
- No matter what a family looks like, it is always filled with love.
Famous People on Family
Over the years, well-known people have come up with humorous and often thought-provoking quotes about family. Whether the quotes are from writers, actors, or celebrities, they're likely to encourage you to view your family from new, amusing, or refreshing perspectives.
- "I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap." - Rodney Dangerfield
- "When your mother asks, 'Do you want a piece of advice?' it's a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You're going to get it anyway." - Erma Bombeck
- "There's nothing that makes you more insane than family. Or more happy. Or more exasperated. Or more... secure." - Jim Butcher
- "Families are messy. Immortal families are eternally messy. Sometimes the best we can do is to remind each other that we're related for better or for worse and try to keep the maiming and killing to a minimum." - Rick Riordan
- "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city." - George Burns
- "That's what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you're not so lovable." - Deb Caletti
- "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." - Mark Twain
- "I find the family the most mysterious and fascinating institution in the world." - Amos Oz
- "The greatest thing in family life is to take a hint when a hint is intended and not to take a hint when a hint isn't intended." - Robert Frost
- "Family: a social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space." - Evan Esar
- "The informality of family life is a blessed condition that allows us all to become our best while looking our worst." - Marge Kennedy
- "One of the things that binds us as a family is a shared sense of humor." - Ralph Fiennes
Appreciating Your Family
During trying times, tongue-in-cheek quotes can help you develop a more positive, resilient attitude. During good times and family milestones, a sentimental quote or a family motto can deepen your appreciation for your loved ones. However you use them, good quotes emphasize the quirks and blessings of being part of a family.