There is no sweeter sound than that of children's laughter. No matter a child's age, a good joke is a perfect way to get those frowns turned upside down. Use jokes to alter moods, distract kids from the stresses of life, or simply bond with the little person you love so dearly. Get them giggling through even the toughest moments with a few of these catchy jokes for kids.
Funny Jokes For Young Children
Little kids love a giggle, and even toddlers and preschool-aged children can catch these well-thought-out and developmentally appropriate wisecracks.
1. What is a pig's favorite karate move?
The pork chop
2. Why was the ghost crying?
He had a boo boo
3. What animal jumps higher than a skyscraper?
All of them! Skyscrapers can't jump!
4. What did the mama bird call her baby bird?
5. Why did the orange lose the big race?
He just didn't have enough juice
6. What did the ghost say to his girlfriend?
You are boo-tiful
7. What did one astronaut say to the other astronaut?
Give me some space
8. Why do aliens throw the best parties?
8. Why is a bumblebee's hair so sticky?
They use honeycombs
9. Which swamp animal runs the crime unit?
10. What did the mama egg say to the little egg when they got an A on a test?
This is egg-cellent news!
11. Why did brother and sister pony go to timeout?
They were horsing around
12. What is a dog's favorite instrument?
Silly Jokes For School-Aged Kids
As children grow into the school years, they can comprehend the humor behind more jokes as they begin to gain a solid understanding of the world around them. Tell jokes about relationships, school sports, and other topics that elementary and middle school-aged children can grasp and giggle at.
13. Why did the bike take a nap?
It was two tired
14. Why was the little ghost so lonely?
Because he had no "body"
15. How do you keep a football stadium cool?
Pack it full of fans
16. What did one penny say to the other penny about the mystery?
This doesn't make cents
17. Why did the golfer need new pants?
Because he had a hole in one
18. Why doesn't anyone laugh at paper's jokes?
They are tear-able
19. How did the computer get fresh air?
By leaving its window open
20. What is an elf's favorite music genre?
21. Why is the sun the smartest object in space?
Because it has a million degrees
22. What is a squid's favorite month?
23. Which body of water is the most welcoming?
The ocean because it waves
24. What did the little cow's parents say to the little cow for flunking in school?
You are grounded, beef!
25. Which type of candy is at the top of the class?
26. Why did the broom miss recess?
We fell a-sweep in class.
27. What monster teaches math?
28. What test did the little witch ace?
Her spelling test
29. Why did the computer go to the doctor?
Because of a virus
30. What school tool calls all of the shots?
31. How does a rabbit ask for help at school?
They raise their paw and ask for some-bunnies help
Jokes That Might Even Make Your Teen Smile
Teens might act like they are too cool and grown for giggle-worthy jokes, but rest assured, you can get a smile out of them with any of these funnies.
32. What shape is the captain of the basketball team?
A triangle because of its three-pointers
33. What type of fly has no wings?
34. Why was the math book crying?
They had too many problems
35. What do you call a dead snowman?
36. Why can't you trust the stairs?
They will always let you down
37. What type of snake loves math class?
38. Why was the computer's tummy growling?
It needed a byte
39. What do you need to have to reach high school?
40. What is the most dangerous element in nature?
Grass because of the blades
41. Which part of a room is the warmest?
A corner because it is a consistent 90 degrees there
42. Which article of clothing always gets into heaven?
Shoes, because of their good soles
43. What do you call a penguin in the rainforest?
44. Why do plumbers attend concerts?
They appreciate a good set of pipes
Animal-Inspired Jokes for Kids
Kids of all ages adore animals! From tots to teens, these animal-inspired wisecracks will have the whole family giggling in no time.
45. Why did the frog go to the hospital?
He broke his "toe"d
46. What did the cat say to the other cat?
We are a purrrr-fect pair
47. Why do leopards hate to play tag?
They are always spotted first
48. Where do dogs do most of their shopping?
49. What is the toughest creature in the sea?
50. What do cows see in a telescope?
The Milky Way
51. Where do bears go to study?
52. What is the favorite soda of swamp animals?
53. What does a polar bear wear on its head to stay warm?
An ice cap
54. Why did a squirrel go see a doctor?
They were acting a little nutty
55. Baseball is what animal's favorite game?
56. What do kittens do in the summertime?
Swim in the kitty-pool
57. Why can't little piggies share a bed?
They hog all the covers
58. Which animal is the earliest riser?
A duck. They are up at the quack of dawn
59. Why was the rabbit smiling from ear to ear?
They were so hoppy
60. What is a cow's favorite drink?
61. How do spiders celebrate their love for one another?
A big, fancy webbing
62. What is the only animal that can tell time?
63. What do cows study in school?
Jokes That Are All About Fun and Food
With these fun, food-inspired jokes, you are bound to have the kids laughing and working up an appetite. Be sure to pair these puns with a snack!
64. What did the spaghetti say to the meatball when they told them that food could fly?
65. What did the tortilla chip say to the cheese when they tried to pry into the chip's business?
It's nacho business!
66. What do skeletons bring to backyard BBQs?
67. Why is the banana the most sought-after fruit?
It is the most ap-peal-ing one in the bunch
68. Why was the berry stressed out?
They were in a jam
69. Why do hotdogs work out?
To build up their buns
70. What did the nachos say to the burrito?
Let's taco bout it
71. What kind of shoes does bread wear?
72. What is a frog's favorite snack?
73. What is a scarecrow's favorite treat?
74. What did one banana say to the other banana during an argument?
75. What dessert did the pillow serve to the bed?
76. Which cheese is always crying?
77. What is a dog's favorite type of cheese?
78. What is the most patient herb in a garden?
Darling Disney Jokes for Kids
Disney and kids go together like peanut butter and jelly. See if they can catch onto these witty wonders, all of which are inspired by everything Disney.
79. Why is Cinderella always chosen last in basketball?
She is afraid of the ball
80. Which princess always runs faster than the other princesses?
Rapunzel. She wins by a hair!
81. Which princess does everyone want to play games with?
Snow White. She is the fairest of them all
82. What do Mickey and Minnie eat during the summer months?
83. What is Grumpy's favorite candy?
Sour patch kids
84. Who solves all the crimes at Disney?
Quasimodo. He has the hunch!
85. Why do Peter Pan and Tinkerbell fly all the time?
Because they "Neverland"
86. What job would Ariel have taken had she not married a prince?
She would have been a mer-maid
87. Why do Snow White's dwarves all see a therapist?
Six of the seven are not happy
88. Where does Ariel go to look for her missing treasures?
89. What did Belle say to Cinderella when they ran into one another?
It's a small world!
90. Why did everyone steer clear of Clarabelle Cow?
She was acting very moo-dy
Ultimate Knock-Knock Jokes for Kids
91. Knock, knock
Luke at me when I'm talking to you!
92. Knock, knock?
Annie one want to come outside and play?
93. Knock, knock
Orange you going to welcome me in?
94. Knock, knock
Bee kind to your brother and sister!
95. Knock, knock
Curt've given me some warning!
96. Knock, knock
Lettuce help make the salad
97. Knock, knock?
Razor hand if you have a question
98. Knock, knock?
Olive you better help me!
99. Knock, knock
Ima very pleased to meet you
100. Knock, knock
Canoe tell me where I am? I'm lost
101. Knock, knock
There's snow place like home
There is No Bad Time For Joking Around
Kids love laughter and happiness, and jokes are welcome ways of conversing and engaging for them. Whether your child is 3 or 13, in need of a mood change or a little extra attention, or just loves to spend time conversing and laughing, it's always a good time to tell your children a good joke or two.