If you love the classic board game Parcheesi but can't find any travel boards to take your game on the road with, you can now play it wherever you are through these online platforms. Challenge friends and strangers to play Parcheesi online for free or play against a computer to test your strategies and skills on any laptop or mobile device using these easy-to-access digital games. After all, your favorite board games don't have to fall victim to the digital age.
Online Parcheesi That You'll Never Want to Stop Playing
It's all too easy to scroll through list after list of the top ranking free game apps on either the Apple Store or the Google Play Store. Well, these three online Parcheesi games can help you maximize your playtime by cutting down on that endless scrolling. If you've got a passion for Parcheesi, then you're going to love these three apps that take the traditional game and meld it with the modern world.
Gamers who love classic Parcheesi but want some modern animations and sound effects will love the Parcheesi Ludo Mulitplayer-Classic Board Game by Playspace. You'll have to sign in with Facebook, Google, or a Playspace account to play this free rated 'E' game. The computer version allows you to either enter random online games where you'll have to wait for another opponent to login or look for current online players and challenge them. Users give this version nearly five out of five stars, mostly for its fun graphics and music.
You can also download the game for free from Google Play or the App Store. In these multiplayer formats, you can customize your pawns with emojis, invite friends to play, or chat with your opponents. The 2020 updated version is meant for android 5.0 and later or iOS 11.0 and later. You'll have to deal with in-app purchasing options and ads in the mobile versions, but the app allows you to play on the go. Select the Ludo Party Team option to choose your partner, and head to Turbo mode to try to play the fastest game possible, while private mode allows only your friends to play against you.
Play the classic board game free online at Tabletopia, a digital board game arena full of licensed games. This version is for die-hard board game players who want the feel of sitting around a table with friends, but the convenience of participating in a game anywhere and anytime. Thanks to the board design and camera angles, this game feels unlike many other online games.
Guest players in this PC or Mac game can play on one table for free. Once you start a game, a unique room is created. From there, you either have to wait for another player to log on, share the URL with friends, or share the game room via Facebook so they can join your game. To sign in as a guest, you don't have to create an account--you just need to enter in a nickname. You then choose from either two, three, or four players in a basic setup. A typical game lasts about 30 minutes to one hour, but if others aren't online or you don't invite friends, you can't play at all.
If you like options and customization when you're gaming, try Casual Arena Parcheesi online. You can play for free on Apple devices and computers or on Android devices and PCs. Play as a guest against random players, login with Facebook, or email to invite your friends as opponents. This rated 'E' game shows you current and recent player rankings and includes private or public chat groups. Simple mouse skills are all you need to move around the board and win. The best feature of this platform is it keeps the feel of playing a board game without adding in a bunch of high tech animations and sounds.
In the free version, you get tons of choices for game play, including the options to:
- Create a custom avatar with two to three options for each category, like head shape and color, hair style, shirt, facial features, and accessories.
- Keep a list of up to 25 friends.
- Play online against random players or challenge the computer to a game in the offline, or training, mode.
- Select a standard red, yellow, blue, and green game board.
- Choose variation options of one or two dice, barriers or no barriers, starting piece or no starting piece, and number of players from 2 to 4 including couples play.
When you opt to upgrade your membership, you get these exciting extras.
- VIP includes 1,500 to 2,250 daily chips, no ads, and no daily limits for about $6 per month.
- Premium status costs a little over $10 and gives you 3,000 to 4,500 chips daily, plus free shops and a friend's list of up to 5,000.
- With both upgrades, you also get free access to exclusive rooms like the Passport, Tourist, Priority, Business, and Luxury rooms as well as public chat rooms.
- There are themed Parcheesi boards with fun characters, patterns, or colors.
- Game variations include captures, target, or barriers of different colors modes.
Never Party Without Your Parcheesi
You get to take the fun and excitement of classic board games wherever you go when you start to play online Parcheesi. Whether you prefer an old-school feel and a simple interface to your online games or are enamored with modern graphics and clever adaptations of traditional gameplay, these variations help you turn any time of your day into game time.