Mistakes are meant to be made, and they aren't always a bad thing! While mistakes may seem like a major misstep in the moment, you might look back on them and realize that they served as a stepping stone to valuable life lessons. These learning from mistakes quotes are a great reminder that we can grow by gaining wisdom from the errors we make.
Quotes Reminding Kids That Mistakes Are Part of Life
Young children are going to error as they learn and grow. Let them know that making mistakes is a major part of life, and it is entirely okay! Teach them not to fear being wrong, and to look for the lesson in the mistake.
- If mistakes weren't part of life, erasers wouldn't exist.
- The only real mistake one can ever make is not trying in the first place.
- Mistakes only mean that you are trying.
- If you learned from it, then it wasn't a mistake. It was a lesson.
- Don't be embarrassed by your mistake. Be grateful for the opportunity to grow that it afforded you.
- Mistakes are the seeds from which trees of knowledge grow.
- Making mistakes is as much a part of childhood as making mud pies, and playing pretend.
- No one makes it through life mistake-free.
- There is an opportunity to learn in all that is around you, even in your mistakes.
Famous Quotes on Learning From Mistakes
Learning from the mistakes we make is a timeless lesson, and these famous quotes prove that you are certainly not the first one to fall and have to get back up and try again.
- "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." - Oscar Wilde
- "You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself." - Samuel Levenson
- "Making mistakes simply means you are learning faster." - Weston H. Agor
- "Mishaps are like knives, that either serve us or cut us, as we grasp them by the blade or the handle." - James Russell Lowell
- "Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave." - Mary Tyler Moore
- "Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce
- "It's fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure." - Bill Gates
- "Your mistake does not define who you are… you are your possibilities." - Oprah Winfrey
Wise Words for Adults Who Have Made Their Fair Share of Mistakes
Just because a person is grown doesn't mean they stop messing up. Everyone makes mistakes, adults included. These quotes are a reminder that with every misstep comes an opportunity to grow.
- Remember: every perfectionist and expert started as a mistake-making beginner.
- The true mistake would be to never get up and try again.
- To deny your faults is to deny yourself a chance to grow.
- You can pick up a mistake and carry it as a burden; or you can set it down and use it as a stepping stone to greatness.
- To run from something is a greater mistake than to try it and fail.
- Acknowledge that mistake. It helped you get here.
- Mistakes don't signify an end; they represent the start of learning.
- Mistakes: if you learn from them, then they add value to your life.
- You aren't judged on the mistakes you make. You are judged on how you respond to them.
Funny Quotes About Mistakes to Turn Frowns Upside Down
Not all mistakes are funny, and some sting more than others. Soothe the pain of a mistake with a bit of humor, because it truly is the very best medicine.
- If one truly learns from their mistakes, then I've certainly earned a PhD by now.
- They say mistakes make you wiser, which basically makes me a genius.
- Mistakes are messy. Always have a positive attitude and a mop on hand when dealing with them.
- Embrace your mistakes (unless you dated them).
- If mistake-making were an art medium, I would be a Picasso.
Short Quotes on Learning From Mistakes
These learning from mistakes quotes are short and to the point. Even when you don't get it all right, at least you'll have the right words to go with the moment!
- Big mistakes = Bigger life lessons.
- Messes in life can be cleaned up.
- Make a mistake over doing nothing.
- More mistakes means more lessons to learn.
- Be grateful for the mistakes that helped you grow.
- A failure doesn't make YOU a failure.
Mistakes Are Meant to Be Made
No one goes through life without a blunder or two (or a thousand)! Mistakes are a part of the human experience. They are meant to teach us humility, grace, acceptance, and patience. Take the mistakes you make in stride, and be reassured that you can come back from them wiser and stronger than before.