Mental health is often shied away from in conversation, but it's an essential part of living a happy, well-balanced life. Encourage those around you through positive mental health quotes. These can work to stop the stigma and show that mental health concerns are important and normal. Use these encouraging words to help you overcome obstacles ahead of you, to support your own mental health journey, and to let people know they aren't alone in their struggle.
Short Mental Health Quotes to Reassure
Your psychological and emotional well-being are significant. However, many people are dealing with hidden illnesses that affect their everyday lives. Share these short positive mental health quotes with your family and friends to let them know everyone has their own struggles and ways of coping.
- Healing takes time.
- Find the hope that always exists.
- Your healing. Your path.
- You are stronger than your feelings.
- Your thoughts can be your own worst bully.
- Never struggle alone.
- You are strong, even when your mind says you're not.
- Sometimes acceptance is your best defense.
Inspiring Mental Health Quotes to Stop the Sigma
Many people don't talk about their mental health because of the stigma associated with mental illnesses. However, mental illnesses aren't any different from physical ones. They are just harder to discern. Promote mental health awareness through a few choice quotes you can share.
- The scars on your soul are your wounds of battle. Your strength to carry on is your armor.
- Light can still shine through the cracks.
- Take the best path for yourself.
- Every step, no matter how small, is another move forward.
- When you think you can't, find someone to show you can.
- Remember, healing takes time.
- Your journey is for you and only you. Not everyone needs to understand the road you are on.
- When struggling alone isn't an option. Find the one who will struggle with you.
- Your mental illness does not define you. It is but a small piece of the beautiful package that creates you.
Positive Mental Health Quotes for Happiness
Supporting positive mental health is vital for everyone. It's also important to know you are not alone. Use these positively motivating quotes to show happiness can be found in all different ways.
- You define your happiness. Don't try to live up to others' expectations for happiness. Do what makes you feel good.
- Find your happiness, and roll with it.
- Give yourself credit for the little things.
- It's the little moments of happiness that get us through the darkness.
- It's up to you to find the light that guides your happiness. The journey to a happy self is only carved by you.
- Find the things that bring a little sunshine into your life and reach for them.
- The journey to happiness is a marathon paved with healthy choices. Not every mile will be easy, and some will be downright scary, but you have the strength and power to persevere.
- Some days, it will feel like happiness has never existed; but don't give up on finding the light after the darkness.
Motivating Mental Health Quotes to Lift Your Spirits
If you are feeling down in the dumps or your mind is overwhelming you, it can be helpful to check out some motivational mental health sayings. These can show you that you're not alone on your journey. Everyone suffers at times, but you don't have to suffer alone. You can find people and organizations to help you.
- To love life, you must first love yourself. Every part of you is uniquely beautiful.
- You are a beautiful creation. Surround yourself with those that find the beauty in the masterpiece that is you.
- It's important to be patient with yourself. Finding the road to your own wellness takes time.
- Even a broken sidewalk grows a beautiful flower.
- Like an abstract painting, you are unique and beautiful, even when turned inside out.
- You can't make the wind change its course, but you can change yours.
- Every step in a journey is another towards growth. Remember, growth takes time.
- Not every day will be a good day. Accept that it's okay to do what is best for you.
Famous Positive Mental Health Quotes
No one escapes mental health struggles at one time or another during their life. Learn that you are not alone by looking at the positive mental health quotes the famous have to offer.
- "The only journey is the journey within." - Rainer Maria Rilke
- "Anything that's human is mentionable, and anything that is mentionable can be more manageable. When we can talk about our feelings, they become less overwhelming, less upsetting, and less scary." - Fred Rogers
- "The advice I'd give to somebody that's silently struggling is, you don't have to live that way. You don't have to struggle in silence. You can be un-silent. You can live well with a mental health condition, as long as you open up to somebody about it, because it's really important you share your experience with people so that you can get the help that you need." - Demi Lovato
- "I found that with depression, one of the most important things you can realize is that you're not alone. You're not the first to go through it, you're not gonna be the last to go through it," - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
- "If you are broken, you do not have to stay broken." - Selena Gomez
- "My dark days made me stronger. Or maybe I already was strong, and they made me prove it." - Emery Lord
- "I keep moving ahead, as always, knowing deep down inside that I am a good person and that I am worthy of a good life." - Jonathan Harnisch
- "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau
Positive Mental Health Sayings to Share
Mental health is a vital aspect of your overall well-being. Your body and mind both need to be fit to ensure your happiness. Use these positive mental health quotes to ease anxiety and get the word out. You can post them on your social media, share them during Mental Health Awareness Month, or add them to a newsletter. Mental illnesses like depression and anxiety can't be seen. It's crucial to stop the stigma about mental health struggles, so those who are having issues feel supported and can summon the courage to ask for help.