Wisdom is a trait that grows along with a person throughout their years of life experience. These wisdom quotes on what it means to be wise are reflective, inspiring, motivating, and even funny.
Reflective Quotes on Growing Wiser
As time marches on and the years pass by, humans hopefully continue to grow wiser. These sayings on wisdom reflect the evolution of the mind, the heart, and the soul.
- Wisdom is but a powerful tree in the mind's forest. It grows stronger, sturdier, and with time becomes an undeniable component of a person's landscape.
- Learn to listen, and you will grow wise.
- Wisdom cannot be rushed. It comes in its own time.
- Patience and time grow the seed that blossoms into wisdom.
- Wisdom lives inside all who are quiet enough to listen for it.
- With every wrinkle is a story, a lesson, or a step in wisdom and realization.
- Growing older means being wise enough to know when to let things go and let things be.
- Never decide you are smart enough. Be wise enough to recognize that there is always more to learn.
- A wise man never wears his wisdom like a badge.
- Growing wise means learning what to put your energy into and what to walk away from.
Famous Quotes on Wisdom
These quotes on applying wisdom to the world around you should be worked into everyone's life mantras. Repeat them over and over, challenge yourself to live by these wise words, and work towards a wiser and better life.
- "Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it." Albert Einstein
- "Lessons in life will be repeated until they are learned." - Frank Sonnenberg
- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something." - Plato
- Knowledge is knowing what to say. Wisdom is knowing when to say it." - Anonymous
- "Wisdom is the daughter of experience." - Anonymous
- "Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix
- "Turn your wounds into wisdom." - Oprah Winfrey
- "The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life." - Confucius
- "Knowledge is learning something every day. Wisdom is letting go of something every day." - Zen Proverb
- "Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life." - Sandra Carey
- "A loving heart is the truest wisdom." - Charles Dickens
Inspiring Quotes on Harnessing the Power of Wisdom
There is so much power in growing wise. Harnessing your personal wisdom is a mighty success that can never be taken away from you. Becoming wise is a powerful part of your being.
- It is a wise person who sees the word "impossible" and views it as "I'M-Possible."
- Having no response is often the wisest, most commanding response of all.
- Only the wise recognize that wisdom doesn't have to include words.
- When given the choice, be wise in actions over wise in words.
- Your words carry so much power. Always pack them with wisdom.
- The wisest people know that anything in life that is worth something is kept in the heart.
- All wise people begin their journey of knowledge by learning to know themselves first and best.
- Wisdom is the reward for practiced patience, a life of learning, and a well-used listening ear.
- Intend to be as wise as nature, for she never gets pace or cadence wrong.
- An open mind and an open heart are the cornerstones of wisdom.
Wise Quotes That Will Guide Your Success
Success in life is measured in countless ways. These wise quotes are geared towards those looking to achieve their wildest hopes and dreams.
- Be bold enough to have dreams, brave enough to chase them, and wise enough to enjoy the ride.
- The wise don't wait to enjoy the view from the top of the mountain, they recognize the beauty in the journey upwards.
- Be wise enough to recognize every opportunity that comes your way.
- Wisdom is the recognition to pivot and change directions at any given time.
- A wise man doesn't look for the path to success, he paves it.
- A wise person knows that moving mountains often requires moving one small pebble at a time.
- Be wise enough to appreciate your past and recognize it isn't a part of your future.
- Be wise enough not to dwell on closed doors, and to look for open windows.
- Wise is the one who walks against the grain.
- Be rich in wisdom and you will be wealthy beyond measure.
Short and Powerful Wisdom Quotes
Sometimes fewer words convey more powerful meanings. These short quotes on wisdom say much with few words.
- Wisdom is a byproduct of living.
- Look to the question, not the answer.
- A wise person has a big heart, a curious brain, and open ears.
- Wisdom is trusting the timing of the universe.
- Wisdom is patiently waiting for the clouds to part and the sun to shine.
- True wisdom means knowing that you truly never know everything.
- Be wise enough to recognize each moment in life as a gift.
- Learning is the root of wisdom.
- All epic adventures begin with a single step forward.
- Wisdom is never accidental.
Cute and Funny Quotes About Wisdom
Only the truly wise will nod along to these funny and cute quotes on wisdom. Growing wise isn't all serious business.
- Wisdom is learning to say, "You're right," to your partner as frequently as possible.
- Aim for the wisdom of a 100 year-old, the drive of a 30 year-old, and the perseverance of a three year-old.
- Wisdom and wine share commonalities. They both start with "w." You drink them both up. You cannot get enough of either.
- You can force a smile, force your foot into a pretty, too-small shoe, but you cannot force wisdom.
- Listen to words of wisdom, especially when those words are telling you to go drink margaritas and eat tacos.
Wise Woman Quotes
These quotes on growing into the wisest of women remind females everywhere that the power to change the universe lies in their ever-capable, wise hands.
- Little girls with big dreams grow into wise women who change the world.
- Wise women don't wait for a hero and a fairytale ending. They are the hero, and they make the fairytale ending.
- Wise women turn their heads from drama and know they have better things to do.
- Foolish women tell you their worth. Wise women know their worth.
- A woman full of wisdom doesn't need validation from anyone but herself.
- Wise women will always raise other women up, never tear them down.
- The wisest of women know what can be forced and what simply must be allowed to unfurl in time.
- Wear wisdom as you would wear diamonds. Drip in it.
- If given a choice to be beautiful or be wise, remind yourself that you can always be both.
Growing Wise Is a Gift
To reach a place of wisdom is a goal for every human. Never assume you know all truths. Be open and available to all lessons in life, no matter how challenging, and welcome wisdom as a genuine gift in humanity. Be sure to value the trait, nurture it, and pass it along when you can.