Summer days are dwindling, and a new school year is on the horizon. The back-to-school season brings about so many emotions, thoughts, and feelings for kids and parents alike. Wish your kids a happy first day of school and an amazing school year with one of these happy first day of school quotes.
Inspiring Happy First Day of School Quotes
Remind your child to reach for the stars, be their very best self, and have the best school year yet with an inspiring first day of school quote.
- You've chosen your first day of school outfit, your new pencil box, and your notebooks. Now choose to lead with love and kindness.
- Make this first day of school great, and the rest of the days will follow suit.
- Education is the key to unlocking a world of possibilities and opportunities. Turn the key, kid!
- The first day of school can be a scary one, but your strength and perseverance are greater than your fears.
- Move mountains, push boundaries and make today the best first day yet.
- The seed of learning gets planted today. Now all you have to do is feel yourself grow.
- Whatever you do, wherever you go, we will be only a step behind, cheering you on.
- Share the wonder that is you with the world.
- Just by walking through the school doors, you brighten up so many lives. Have a great first day back.
- Today is a day where everything and anything seems possible.
- On this first day of school, show the world your brightness and beauty.
Funny First Day of School Quotes
Nothing chases away those first day jitters like a few funny words. Leave your kids giggling with one of these catchy and chuckle-worthy back-to-school quotes.
- On this first day of school, remember that you can be anything you want to be... except a crocodile.
- You have a new backpack, a new lunchbox, and new shoes. You are ready to rule the world!
- Have a great first day and don't worry about us parents. Rest assured, these are NOT tears of sadness.
- Get out there and be a boss. Heaven knows you have this routine down to a science.
- Time to get back to school. I'm sure the schools lost and found missed us over the summer.
- An entire summer of questions stored up for this ever-eventful day. Blessed be the teacher.
- Setting out into the world is a scary thing, but look at you being all amazing!
- Happy first day of school! You're out of bed, so you might as well go learn something.
- If the first day of school feels hard, remember that back in the day, some of us old-timers had to do this sans Google.
- Make the first day great, because no matter what, you are going back again tomorrow!
- Happy first day back to school! Let the countdown to winter break commence.
Back-to-School Quotes for Young Learners
Their educational journey is just beginning, and aren't you so lucky to be a part of this road traveled. Support your young learner with words of encouragement as they enter their academic learning years.
- You're off to great places; today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way! - Dr. Seuss
- There is only one thing bigger than a kindergartener's curiosity, and that's their backpack.
- The first day of school is that singular moment where parents watch their babies blossom in the blink of an eye.
- Happy first day of school. Make friends, make smiles and make memories.
- It's a wonder that a head so small can hold so many questions, thoughts, and true potential.
- Never forget, little minds are capable of very big things.
- Today is a great day to grow, little one.
- On this special day, remember that while you may be small, you are so mighty.
- The first day of school: where parents' tears outnumber the tears of kids.
- Learn all that you can. Make as many friends as possible. Come back for more, five days a week.
Back-to-School Quotes for Older Kids
Your kid is growing up before your very own eyes, and they are about to take the learning world on sans parents. Just because they are old enough to pack their own lunches and drive to class themselves, doesn't mean they can't use a few words of encouragement on another big first day.
- Sometimes we're all too quick to count down the days, that we forget to make the days count. - Unknown
- All you need to be successful this year is already within you.
- Remember, just because I'm no longer holding your hand and walking you into your classroom doesn't mean that I'm not right beside you.
- Your future starts right now. Grab it and go.
- Being a budding adult doesn't mean I'm not taking your picture on the first day of school.
- Remember: The first day of school is usually a half-day, so you can still sleep the afternoon away as your teenage lifestyle requires.
- Be brave. Make mistakes. Discover answers. The world is at your fingertips.
- If you can dream it, then you can do it.
Famous Learning Quotes for Budding Brains
Just because someone said it first, doesn't mean you can't borrow a saying or quote and pass it along to your favorite learner! These famous words live in infamy for a reason, and they are perfect sentiments for kicking off a brand new school year.
- Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. - Arthur Ashe
- Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom. - Oprah Winfrey
- Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen. - Conan O'Brien
- Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. - Nelson Mandela
This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change. - Taylor Swift
Don't try so hard to fit in, and certainly don't try so hard to be different… just try hard to be you. - Zendaya
Education doesn't just make us smarter. It makes us whole. - Jill Biden
High school is about finding who you are, because that's more important than trying to be someone else. - Nick Jonas
Dreams come a size too big so that we can grow into them. - Josie Bissett
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. - Eleanor Roosevelt
New Year, New Possibilities
Each new school year brings about new experiences and adventures for your child. Make sure you capture the excitement of a brand new year with fun first day of school announcements, new school year traditions, and of course, a fun quote or two to inspire and bring about joy.