You don't have to live in the same town as someone else to maintain a strong friendship. Even so, it can be challenging to live far away from your favorite people. Use the long-distance friendship quotes below to share your thoughts or feelings on this subject; or let these sayings inspire you to come up with unique expressions of your own.
Short Long-Distance Friendship Quotes
Want to remind a friend who's far away that you'll always be close, regardless of physical location? Send a quick text with one of the short quotes below, or caption a photo of your friend group.
- Together in spirit.
- Friendship is everywhere.
- Our friendship is a fixture.
- Friendship outshines distance.
- True friendship never fades.
- Friendship endures distance.
- Friends know no boundaries.
- Geography can't keep us apart.
- Togetherness is a state of mind.
- Forever friends, no matter where.
Meaningful Quotes About Long-Distance Friends
The connection between friends doesn't have to be dissolved by distance. The heartfelt quotes below express that friends can stay connected even when divided by distance.
- Friendship isn't based on geography.
- Miles only stretch the bond of our friendship further.
- Our friendship is not location-dependent.
- Love is the bridge that binds our friendship.
- Miles can't diminish the strength of friendship.
- The miles melt away when I hear your voice.
- Being far apart in miles doesn't dampen our smiles.
- Geography doesn't matter with a friendship like ours.
- Distance can't weaken the unbreakable spirit of our friendship.
- When we visit in person, the months apart will melt away, and it will be like we just saw each other yesterday.
Long-Distance Quotes for Best Friends
When you live far away from your closest compadre, the long-distance quotes below can let your true bestie know how you feel.
- Wherever life takes either of us, we will always be best friends
- No matter how far apart we are, you will always be my best friend.
- It's time to book a round trip for some best friend companionship!
- Best friends forever, always together, wherever either of us may go.
- True friendship is an emotional connection; it's not based on location.
- Best friends like me and you, we're stuck like glue our whole lives through.
- We might be separated by miles, but we are joined by deep and abiding friendship.
- You might not be my closest friend when measured in miles, but you're the closest to my heart.
- Distance can't change the memories we shared or the bond we built. We will always be best friends.
- Acquaintances may come and go, but best friends never leave your heart, even when they move away.
Sad Quotes About Missing Faraway Friends
Even though distance won't cause you to stop being friends with someone, it's okay to feel sad when you can't be together. Use the friendship sayings below to express how you feel.
- I wish my homie could come back home.
- I miss being able to just drop in for a visit.
- I miss being in your presence, my faraway friend.
- I know you're there for me, but I wish you could be here with me.
- Texting helps keep us connected, but it just isn't the same as being together in person.
- I am so happy for you and the life you've built; but I'm sad that it's so far away from me.
Funny Long-Distance Friendship Quotes
For a more upbeat tone, consider sharing some cute quotes about being friends with someone who lives far away from you.
- Zoom will keep us together.
- Photoshop can bring us together.
- Let's Webex-ercise our friendship.
- You won't get rid of me just by moving away!
- We may be better together, but we're also awesome apart.
- I could really use a hug from you, but an all-night text session will have to do.
Song Lyric Quotes for Long-Distance Friends
Music can be a great resource for meaningful words that express hard-to-say emotions. The lyric excerpts below are particularly appropriate for long-distance friendships.
- "How I wish, how I wish you were here." - Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd
- "I'm only one call away/ I'll be there to save the day." - One Call Away by Charlie Puth
- "Wherever you go/ Wherever you may wander in your life/ Surely you know/ I always want to be there." - Let Me Be There by Olivia Newton-John
- "Although we are miles apart/ If you ever need a helping hand/ I'll be there on the double just as fast as I can." - Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
- "When you're down and troubled/ And you need some lovin' care/ And nothin', nothin' is goin' right/ Close your eyes and think of me/ And soon I will be there." - You've Got a Friend by Carole King
Friendship Across the Miles
When you and your friends are separated by distance, the relationships will inevitably change. That doesn't mean that they'll fade or weaken, though. They may even grow stronger if you all commit to staying in touch and getting together whenever you can. Maintaining long-distance friendships takes work, but it's absolutely possible to enjoy strong friendships across many miles, even if you're separated by an ocean or on different continents. Let your long-distance friends know how much you care by sharing special quotes like the ones above, and look to these 'I miss you' quotes for even more sentiments.