The right words can help a person navigate difficult times in their life, or at least provide them with some comfort and help them know that they're not alone. If you or someone you know is struggling, use these quotes about hard and tough times to provide reassurance. The right words can empower a person who is in pain to power through their current struggles and make progress toward better days ahead.
Short Quotes About Difficult Times
Not sure what to say? Even just a few words can help provide comfort, courage, or strength to a person who is dealing with difficult times.
- Never give up.
- You will prevail.
- Stay your course.
- You are more powerful than you realize.
- Your will is invincible.
- Your spirit is unbreakable.
- Bend, but don't break.
- Your future is forward.
- Prove adversity wrong.
- Perseverance will prevail.
- Struggle + you = wisdom.
- Triumph grows from trials.
- Adversity leads to innovation.
Inspirational Quotes for Hard Times
When a person is facing difficult times, a few words of encouragement can really mean a lot. Lean on the inspirational sayings below when things get rough.
- Your bravery is a revelation.
- Resilience is your superpower.
- Your inner goddess is about to shine.
- Your capacity to rise above adversity is amazing.
- You will come out even stronger on the other side.
- Your strength has moved mountains; your story will change lives.
- You alone have the power to unleash the potential that I know you have.
- You are on a path to your destiny, with wonderful things within your grasp.
- When others might not find the strength to go on, that's when you shine the brightest.
- You are not alone. When you feel like you can't go on, lean on me. I will carry you when you need it.
- You can climb this mountain. When you arrive, you'll find peace and joy waiting for you on the other side.
Quotes About Strength in Hard Times
If you are looking to inspire yourself or someone else to find the strength to get through hard times, the quotes below may strike just the right note of resolve.
- You are stronger than you think.
- You are the superhero of your story.
- You have the capability to rise above adversity.
- Your inner strength will get you through this.
- You have the power to send adversity packing.
- Stay your course and you will grow even stronger.
- The strength of your character will help you get through this.
- The power to overcome is inside you, waiting to be discovered.
- There is nothing that you do not have the strength to rise above.
- You've only begun to discover just what you are capable of overcoming.
- When times are tough, that's when your inner strength kicks into high gear.
- You have the strength to thrive; it's been there the entire time you've been alive.
- You've been given a lot to bear, but not more than you have the strength to overcome.
- Cowards take the easy way out; they give up and give in. You are no coward. You have the strength to survive.
Hard Times Quotes for Relationships
Sometimes the hard times a person is facing are related to relationship problems. Sayings can help them face the situation, whatever it is, and move forward in the way that is best for them.
- In the end, love will prevail.
- Real love overcomes adversity.
- Love worth having is love worth fighting for.
- Adversity makes true love grow even deeper.
- Adversity can separate infatuation from real love.
- Your heart will heal back even stronger, with a greater capacity for love.
- If someone who claims to love you chooses to tear you down, that isn't love.
- If loving another person causes you to lose yourself to adversity, it may be time to walk away.
- The question is: Is this a relationship you should fight for, or one that needs to end?
- Some relationships aren't meant to last forever. It's a sign of strength to know when to walk away.
- When your love is stronger on the flip side of adversity, that's when you know that your love is real.
- Being in a toxic relationship hurts, but getting out of it now will save you from a lifetime of heartbreak.
- If you feel the need to lie to your friends about how your partner treats you, what does that say about your relationship?
Hard Times Will Pass Quotes
Looking for the right words to remind yourself or someone you care about that tough times are temporary problems that won't last forever? Consider the sayings below.
- Today will not last forever.
- It won't always be a season of adversity.
- Nothing is sweeter than a victorious comeback.
- And when you survive this, you will change the world.
- It may not feel like it now, but better days do lie ahead.
- You will bounce back even better than you were before.
- The sun will set on this adversity, then rise to reveal better days.
- Do not succumb to darkness; the light of dawn is within your reach.
- This is a difficult path to walk, but it will take you to the life you were meant to live.
- This is but a storm. It will give way to a rainbow, then a pot of gold on the other side.
- Just when it feels like darkness may last forever, the sun proves once again that it always rises.
- When you break free from the struggle that is trying to hold you back, you will shine in all your glory.
- When you get to where you're going, it'll be all the sweeter, because you'll remember how hard you had to work to get there.
Sayings About Appreciating the Hard Times
The lessons you learn from navigating difficult times can be the most valuable ones of all. This is a truth that everyone needs to be reminded of sometimes.
- Hard times build strong humans.
- Strife reminds us of how incredible ordinary really is.
- Adversity provides an opportunity to learn how strong you really are.
- The way people treat you is how they tell you who they are. Be glad that you know.
- Be grateful even for the bad times, for they played a role in making you who you are.
- When better days arrive, they'll be that much sweeter because you weathered this storm.
- Without difficult times, you'd never have an opportunity to learn how powerful you are.
- Relish whatever life throws your way - the good and the bad. It is all part of the human experience.
- When you look back on how you weathered this storm, you will be amazed at what you were able to accomplish.
- You appreciate what the future holds when you are able to look back on all that you overcame in order to get there.
- What better way to know for sure who really loves you than to see who will stand by you through your darkest days?
- When things come easy, it's hard to know their value. Be grateful for the opportunity to relish what matters in life.
- Every thread of the tapestry of your days comes together to weave the story of your life. Appreciate the struggles as well as the good times. You wouldn't be you without them.
Literary Quotes About Overcoming Adversity
Books are a great resource for quotes about overcoming the most difficult times in life. Works of fiction and nonfiction alike provide inspiring quotations about overcoming adversity.
- "Who my child becomes is not the sum of what happened to him." - All My Rage by Sabaa Tahir
- "We were scared, but our fear was not as strong as our courage." - I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
- "You must be fearless enough to give yourself the love you didn't receive." - What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey
- "Well, if it can be thought, it can be done, a problem can be overcome." - Brushstrokes of a Gadfly by E.A. Bucchianeri
- "Some parts of us will always be what we were, what we had to be to survive." - Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- "People who live in difficult circumstances need to know that happy endings are possible." - My Beloved World by Sonia Sotomayor
- "If you don't get out there and define yourself, you'll be quickly and inaccurately defined by others." - Becoming by Michelle Obama
- "Don't get down when your life takes a bad turn. Out of adversity comes challenge and often success." - All the Best by George H. W. Bush
- "Courage is forged in pain, but not in all pain. Pain that is denied or ignored becomes fear or hate." - Braving the Wilderness by Brené Brown
- "I don't believe in epiphanies. I don't believe in transformative moments, as transformation is harder than a moment. " - Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance
- "Take the tide, my friend, and as you are carried along, make it work for you, fight the shallows and the snags and never give up." - Forrest Gump by Winston Groom
- "Feeling all your feelings is hard, but that's what they're for. Feelings are for feeling. All of them. Even the hard ones." - Untamed: Stop Pleasing, Start Living by Glennon Doyle
Motivational Song Lyrics for Hard Times
Sometimes the most motivational quotes about overcoming tough times can be found in inspirational song lyrics. The hit songs below can serve as inspiring anthems for navigating difficulties in life.
- "You thought that I'd be weak without ya, but I'm stronger." - Survivor by Destiny's Child
- "Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride/ Nobody gonna slow me down." - Break My Stride by Matthew Wilder
- "I'm a riser/ I'm a get up off the ground, don't run and hider/ Hey pushin' comes to shovin'/ Baby I'm a fighter. - Riser by Dierks Bentley
- "This is my fight song/ Take back my life song/ Prove I'm alright song/ My power's turned on/ Starting right now I'll be strong - Fight Song by Rachel Platten
- "I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter/ Dancing through the fire/ 'Cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar/ Louder, louder than a lion." - Roar by Katy Perry
- "Rising up, back on the street/ Did my time, took my chances/ Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet/ Just a man and his will to survive." - Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
- "Always gonna be an uphill battle/ Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose/ Ain't about how fast I get there/ Ain't about what's waiting on the other side." - The Climb by Miley Cyrus
- "You try to break me, but you see/ What doesn't kill you makes you stronger/ Stand a little taller."- Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson
- "Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did?/ Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid/ And I'm still standing after all this time." - I'm Still Standing by Elton John
- "I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose/ Fire away, fire away/ Ricochet, you take your aim/ Fire away, fire away/ You shoot me down, but I won't fall/ I am titanium." - Titanium by David Guetta and Sia
- "Life is worth living, so live another day/ The meaning of forgiveness/ People make mistakes, doesn't mean you have to give in/ Life is worth living again." - Live is Worth Living by Justin Bieber
- "I will survive/ Oh, as long as I know how to love, I know I'll stay alive/ I've got all my life to live/ And I've got all my love to give and I'll survive/ I will survive, hey, hey." - I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
Rely on Quotes About Hard and Tough Times
Words can't fix whatever is causing the difficulties you or someone you love are facing, but they can provide comfort and motivation. If you have a friend or family member who is struggling, sharing a meaningful quote is a great way to remind them that they are not alone and that you are there for them, no matter what. Use the collection of quotes above to help provide perspective and strength, as well as a reminder that better days lie ahead.