Hope is a powerful emotion that can help keep a person going through even the most difficult circumstances. While quotes can't directly change someone's situation, inspirational sayings about hope have the power to motivate action and encourage perseverance. Whether you need a bit of help holding on to hope, or you want to say the right thing to keep someone else from losing hope, this collection of poignant quotes about hope can help make a difference in a positive direction.
Short Quotes About Hope
Sometimes the best quotes about hope have only a few words. Some of the quotes below are simple, and to-the-point, while others are catchy enough to use as Instagram captions.
- Hope heals.
- Choose hope.
- Sustain hope.
- Hold on to hope.
- Always have hope.
- Hope aggressively.
- Hope lights the way.
- Love is an act of hope.
- Hopelessness is a choice.
- Optimize your optimism.
- Optimism is a superpower.
Quotes About Hope and Strength
As long as you have hope that better days are on the horizon, it's possible to find the strength to keep going. This is true even when you find yourself struggling to navigate hard times and difficult circumstances.
- Don't say no, say not yet.
- Hope fuels inner strength.
- Hope is a source of strength.
- Hope is a force to be reckoned with.
- Sustained hope puts down strong roots.
- Hope sustained may waver, but it will never topple.
- As long as you have hope, your journey can continue.
- May your hope for better days give you the strength to go on.
- Hope is the key to finding the strength to follow your dreams.
- The higher the aspiration, the more strength you'll need to reach it.
- Hope is an internal spark that will drive you through dark days to brighter ones ahead.
Quotes About Happiness and Hope
A person who is hopeful is much more likely to find their way to true happiness than an individual who is without hope. Use the quotes below to help express the unique relationship between hope and happiness.
- A hopeful heart is a happy heart.
- A glimmer of hope can ignite joy.
- Hope is a precursor to contentment.
- Optimism is the root of all happiness.
- Hope is a slippery slope to happiness.
- Hopelessness never leads to happiness.
- Happiness always begins with hopefulness.
- Happiness is more likely to thrive where there is hope.
- Being happy with where you are today doesn't mean you shouldn't hope for an even better tomorrow.
- Hope doesn't guarantee you'll get what you want, but it does increase your odds of finding the happiness you deserve.
Encouraging Hope for the Best Quotes
It can be hard to keep hoping things will work out for the best when you're facing difficulties. Use the quotes below to encourage yourself or someone else to continue believing that the best outcome is possible.
- Hope heals old wounds.
- Hope + perseverance = success.
- Aspire for the best with hope in your heart.
- Plan for every eventuality, but hope for the best.
- When your heart is full of hope, failure is not an option.
- Live each day fully, but continue to hope for an even better future.
- When you hope for the best, you'll always end up with better than expected.
- The difficulties of today will be temporary as long as you continue to hope for the best.
- It's healthy to hope for the best possible outcome, even if what's best isn't what you want it to be.
- Just when you think you might not be able to cope, reach deep inside and you'll find a powerful glimmer of hope.
Inspirational Quotes for Hope
Holding on to hope can be hard, especially when it starts to seem that perhaps you've been a bit overly optimistic. Rely on the inspiring quotes below to motivate yourself to remain hopeful.
- Hope is a state of mind.
- Hope is a precious commodity.
- Hope today = solution tomorrow.
- Hope paves the way for possibility.
- Where there is hope, there is a way.
- If you can hope for it, you can attain it.
- Hope brings you closer to the finish line.
- Anyone can give up. It takes a special person to sustain hope.
- As long as you have hope and determination, you can achieve anything.
- As long as you keep hope alive in your heart, the possibility of success is always just ahead.
Cute and Funny Hope Quotes
If you've got hope and a sense of humor, nothing can stop you from doing great things. Add some gleeful quotes and lighthearted puns into your discussions of hope with these funny motivational quotes about hope.
- Full hope ahead.
- Hope, hope, hooray!
- Hope, hope's all the rage.
- Hope is where the heart is.
- Winners hope, losers mope.
- There's no holding back hope!
- Don't say nope; there's always hope!
- Optimism is hope with a smile on its face.
- There is no time to mope when you're motivated by hope.
Literary Quotes About Hope
The world of literature is a great resource when you're in search of powerful quotes about hope. From classical literature to more modern works, there are many meaningful sayings about hope in books and poetry.
- "After all, tomorrow is another day." - Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- "Where do wishes go? Better places, I hope." - Something Like Hope by Shawn Goodman
- "I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars." Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
- "At some point, tomorrow will be better." - Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
- "I hope you have been this day preserved for a prosperous and happy life." - A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- "If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today." - Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life by Thich Nhat Hanh
- "Just like moons and like suns, / With the certainty of tides, / Just like hopes springing high, / Still I'll rise." - Still I Rise by Maya Angelou
- "Love and goodness and the world's beauty and humanity are the reasons we have hope." - Almost Everything: Notes on Hope by Anne Lamott
- "Hope grew up within me, banishing the oppression of despair, that had seemed to stifle me." - The House on the Borderland by William Hope Hodgson
- "Hope is the thing with feathers / That perches in the soul, / And sings the tune without the words, / And never stops at all." - Hope Is the Thing With Feathers by Emily Dickinson
Hold on to Hope
Any time you can motivate yourself or someone else to hold on to hope, you're doing a good thing. Use these quotes to serve as a reminder that as long as you have hope, anything is possible.