How do you even begin to thank your parents for everything that they have done for you? It probably seems like words don't even come close to cutting it when it is time to express genuine gratitude to your parents, but these thank you quotes for parents come pretty close to hitting the mark.
Funny Thank You Parents Quotes
Growing up in your family was always an adventure. Sometimes things weren't pretty, oftentimes life was messy, but together you all managed to make it through to the other side, still smiling. Thank your parents for their love with one of these funny quotes.
- Dear parents, thanks for everything you did for me, except the grounding!
- If parents got a trophy for raising kids, you would win first place by a landslide.
- After a lifetime of love and patience, all I can say is thank you for not making me live in the garage during my teen years.
- If I had a dollar for every time you showed me love, I would be able to buy you an amazing thank you gift! Instead, my words will have to suffice.
- I have you to thank for being role models and you have me to thank for all of those wrinkles and grey hairs.
- Thank you, mom and dad, from your broke child who can only repay you in smiles and hugs.
- Thanks for everything mom and dad, like teaching me to tie my shoes and never tying me up instead.
- I don't know how you loved us through the hard times; you are either saints or wizards.
- Never doubt how grateful I am to both of you for the love, support, and many, many meals you provided me over the years.
- Anyone who can love a teenager into adulthood deserves a medal and endless supplies of wine. Thank you for sticking it through with me.
Sentimental Thank You Quotes for Parents
Without them, who knows where you might be? Tell your parents that their love and guidance have meant the world to you with one of these heartfelt quotes.
- Everything I am is because of you. Thank you for all that you have done for me.
- I will never be able to repay you for the time and love you showed me growing up, but know that I love and appreciate it all, every single day.
- Thank you for the countless memories. In dark times, they comfort me and remind me that I am loved.
- Knowing that I have your love and support allows me to try new things, fail and try again.
- Thank you to the world's greatest cheerleaders. I am so blessed to have you both in my corner.
- Life can be cruel, but your love and kindness have always been the greater force. Thank you, parents.
- I know that all I will ever need in life is already in my heart, thanks to the two of you.
- You both are my daily inspiration to work harder, try more, and love fiercely.
- Because of your love, I am simply a better human being.
- Thank you for always being my compass in life and pointing me in the right direction.
- Thank you for being my forever band-aid and always fixing my many booboos.
- Thank you for being my parents and my teachers in life.
- Your constant presence in my life has created a security within me that has allowed me to take on the world.
- When I was young, you held me in your arms, and now that I am grown, I hold you in my heart.
- A parent's unconditional love is the single greatest gift to a child in the whole world.
- Of all my worldly possessions, you both are my most cherished.
Thank You Quotes From a Son
They sat through countless ball games, taught you to ride a bike, and helped you become the man you are today. Share a few words of gratitude with your parents.
- I don't know everything, but I know how to be a good man because of the way you raised me.
- From the sleepless nights of a new parent to the endless sporting games to the trials and tribulations of the high school years, words can not express how much it has meant to always have you by my side.
- I do not fear being a partner or a father because you showed me how to love the job.
- I grew up thinking that my dad was my best friend and my mother was a queen. Thank you for doing it, right guys!
- No matter where I go in this life, I know that where you are will always be home.
Thank You Quotes From a Daughter
From tea parties to school dances to your wedding day, your parents never missed a thing. Thank them for the many years of support and love.
- The person I choose as my partner has some pretty big shoes to fill thanks to your love.
- Because of you, I know to never accept anything less than true love.
- I walk through life confidently and calmly because I was raised by true warriors.
- Thank you for loving me and teaching me to love myself.
- The older I get, the more I realize that my parents were always right.
- A strong woman was born because a stronger woman raised her. Thank you.
Thank You Quotes for Parents From Trying Children
Face it, you were no treat back in the day. You tested your parents' patience, caused more than a few family rumbles, and likely contributed to more than a couple of grey hairs on dad's head. Through it all, your parents never stopped loving and supporting you. Thank them for their devotion.
- I know that at times I could not have been easy to love, but you always made it look like a piece of cake.
- Growing up, I pushed you so hard, but you always met my challenge with love and fairness. I am forever grateful for that.
- Your love has taught me that just because something seems difficult doesn't mean it isn't worth doing.
- The strongest humans in the world are parents of trying children.
- Whenever I felt as if no one in the world understood me, you did.
- They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, so raising me should have given you superhuman strength!
- I might not always say it or show it, but know that I love you both with every fiber of my being.
- I don't know how you did it for all of these years, but I am so grateful for your continued support and love.
- You didn't give up; you didn't give in, and that is the reason I am still standing here today. Thank you, dearest parents.
- From the bottom of my heart, thank you for simply being you.
- Your grace is something to behold. Thank you for always braving life's storms with me.
- Anyone can have children, not everyone can parent the way you two did. Thank you for all of it.
- I didn't make parenthood a walk in the park, but somehow you always stopped to see the beauty and smell the roses.
Sometimes Words Are Enough
While you may struggle to find the perfect way to express how grateful you are to your parents for their love and sacrifice, sometimes less really is more. Simple words that come right from the heart are often all that parents need to hear to know that everything they did for you was completely worth it.