If you're fortunate enough to have fabulous friends who mean the world to you, it's important to let them know the special place they hold in your heart. Find just the right words to convey what their friendship means to you by exploring the thankful for friendships quotes below for inspiration. Whether you use one of these sayings as-is, or spin the words into a creative phrase that's all your own, your friends are sure to be touched by your thoughtful sentiment.
Short Friendship Captions
You don't have to use a lot of words to let your friends know how grateful you are that they're in your life. Sometimes the shortest sayings convey the deepest meanings, especially when they're used as photo captions.
- Alter ego.
- Soul sister.
- Besties always.
- Precious friend.
- Forever friends.
- Family by choice.
- Sister of my heart.
- Partners in crime.
- Ever so grateful for friends.
- Unbreakable bond.
Thankful for Friendships Quotes
Meaningful friendship quotes don't have to be lengthy or eloquent. Sometimes a simple but heartfelt statement is the best way to let your friends know you appreciate them.
- I value your friendship above all else.
- Your friendship is precious.
- Your friendship is everything.
- Glad to be in your inner circle.
- Can't put a price on friendship.
- Thank you for the gift of your friendship.
- Thank you for being there for me no matter what.
- Your friendship is my happy place.
- Your friendship makes my soul sing.
- Your friendship makes my heart happy.
Beautiful Friendship Quotes
Express the beauty of friendship with a lovely saying that conveys how wonderful and amazing friendship really is.
- Friendship is a glorious gift to be treasured.
- Fellowship is for now, but friendship is forever.
- Friendship is trust in the form of another person.
- It's not possible to put a price on the value of friendship.
- What would I do without a friend like you? You make my life so much better.
- There is nothing more precious than the love of a true friend.
- We may be separated by distance, but we're connected by friendship.
- Friends may grow up and travel different paths, but old friends never drift apart.
- How did I get so lucky to have a friend like you? I'm thankful you're in my life.
- A friendship like ours is more rare than a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.
Quotes About the Meaning of Friendship
Just what does friendship really mean? It's one of those things that you can sense and feel, but it's hard to explain. Use these quotes to convey your thoughts on the topic.
- My life is more magical thanks to your friendship.
- Friendship puts a face on what it means to belong.
- Friends reflect the best in us back so that we can see it.
- Connecting with friends helps us find our place in the world.
- Friendship is among the most powerful forces in the universe.
- Friendships are proof that people will love you for who you are.
- Knowing you're on my side makes me stronger than I ever thought I could be.
- Having a friend like you who accepts me for all that I am means the world to me.
- Acquaintances may come and go, but real friendships will always endure.
- Friendship is a word that sums up a unique combination of trust, acceptance, and unconditional love.
Cute and Sweet Quotes About Friendship
Keep your musings on friendship lighthearted while still conveying your appreciation with one of these sweet sayings about friends.
- You're one super sidekick!
- Thanks for always knowing when I need candy!
- Your friendship is a treasure that I value beyond measure.
- Your friendship helped me see that it's perfectly fine to be just me.
- Some friends may arrive and some may leave, but a friendship like ours will always be.
- You're the frick to my frack, the yin to my yang, I wouldn't trade you in for anything.
- You told me your secrets, and I told you mine, so now our friendship is one-of-a-kind.
- Amigo, chum, buddy, homie... by any name, you are my friend, and you matter to me.
- My family has to put up with me, but you have a choice. Thank you for being my friend!
- Know how I know we'll always be friends? Because we know too much about each other to ever stop!
Real Friends Quotes
Your real friends are your true besties. They're the ones you call when something incredibly good happens, and the people you lean on when you are dealing with a worst-case scenario. Use the sayings below to let them know what their love and loyalty mean to you.
- Real friends stick like glue.
- True friends accept all of you.
- True friendship is worth everything.
- Thankful for real friends who make the world shine brighter.
- Real friends never expect you to pretend to be someone you're not.
- Real friends tell you what you need to hear when you need to hear it.
- Only a true friend can simultaneously lift you up and hold you steady.
- Real friends see you for who you really are and love you no matter what.
- True friends are family; that's why the word friendship rhymes with kinship.
- There's nothing more valuable than a true friend who always speaks the truth.
Thankful Quotes for Friends on Their Birthday
Rather than wishing a simple happy birthday to an important friend, mark the occasion by letting them know just how grateful you are for the unique relationship that you share.
- Happy birthday to the sister/brother I chose.
- I treasure our friendship more with each passing year.
- May your birthday be filled with as much joy as your friendship shines in my life.
- Happy birthday to someone who taught me what it means to have a friend and to be one.
- I can't let another year go by without letting you know how glad I am to have your friendship in my life.
- On your birthday it brings me great pleasure to remind you that your friendship is my greatest gift.
- I'm so thankful that I'll always be younger than you and that you're in my life.
- As we celebrate the first day of your life, I want to make sure you know how much it means to me to have you in mine.
- As you celebrate another trip around the sun, I want you to know that you matter to me. I am grateful for your friendship.
- On your birthday, I want to make sure you know how happy I am that you were born. Your friendship means everything to me.
Song Lyrics About Friendship
If the thought of telling your close friends how much they mean to you causes you to get choked up, consider playing a song instead. There are a lot of great song lyrics that focus on the importance and value of friendship. Examples include:
- "Friends may come, and friends may go/ But you should know that/ That I've got your back, it's automatic." - Best Friend by Brandy
- "Winter, spring, summer or fall/ All you have to do is call/ And I'll be there/ You've got a friend." - You've Got a Friend by Carole King
- "For good times and bad times/ I'll be on your side forever more/ That's what friends are for." - That's What Friends Are For by Rod Stewart
- "If you're lost, you can look and you will find me/ Time after time/ If you fall, I will catch you, I will be waiting/ Time after time." - Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper
- "You've got a friend in me/ You got troubles, I've got 'em too/ There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you." - You've Got a Friend in Me by Randy Newman
- "Thank you for being a friend/ Travel down the road and back again/ Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant." - Thank You for Being a Friend by Andrew Gold
- "As we go on, we remember/ All the times we had together/ And as our lives change, come whatever/ We will still be friends forever." - Graduation (Friends Forever) by Vitamin C
- "When the sun shines, we'll shine together/ Told you I'll be here forever/ Said I'll always be your friend/ Took an oath, I'ma stick it out 'til the end." - Umbrella by Rihanna
- "Did you ever know that you're my hero?/ And everything I would like to be?/ I can fly higher than an eagle/ For you are the wind beneath my wings." - Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler
- "I'll be there for you/ (When the rain starts to pour)/ I'll be there for you/ (Like I've been there before)/I'll be there for you/ ('Cause you're there for me too)." - I'll Be There for You by the Rembrandts
Let Your Friends Know You're Thankful for Their Friendship
Choose your favorite sayings from the list above whenever you want to let your closest friends know just how grateful you are that they're in your life. For even more inspiration, explore a collection of great quotes about friends and family.