Every day is a great day to celebrate women. From working tirelessly as community organizers to leading organizations from the C-suite and giving life to the next generation, women make their mark on the world every moment of every second of every day. On International Women's Day, which takes place annually on March 8th, the worldwide spotlight is on the topic of advancing women's rights. Use the quotes below to express your wishes and sentiments in honor of the occasion.
Powerful International Women's Day Captions
International Women's Day is a great day to light up Instagram with photos of amazing women paired with powerful captions. Be sure to add #BreakTheBias or #InternationalWomensDay hashtags to your posts, so they will be curated in honor of the occasion.
- Erase bias.
- Equality rules.
- Women rock.
- Woman power.
- Respect women.
- Defy stereotypes.
- Equity empowers.
- Don't let bias build barriers.
- Break free from bias.
- Powerful women rule.
- Leavin' bias in my dust.
Empowering Quotes for International Women's Day
Celebrate International Women's Day with empowering quotes that are motivating not just to you and the people in your circle of influence, but also to women and their allies everywhere.
- We are woman, hear us roar.
- Never underestimate women.
- Don't just be counted, be heard.
- What do we want? Equitable treatment.
- A new day has dawned - the day of the woman.
- Women are the source of life and a force of nature.
- Shattering barriers, one glass ceiling at a time.
- A woman's place is in charge of her own destiny.
- Your bias is your problem. It won't hold me back.
- The best revenge is to get an education and put it to work.
- Live your life so you will be judged based on the content of your character and not your gender.
Inspirational Quotes for International Women's Day
International Women's Day is the perfect time to share words of inspiration to build up the women and girls in your life, as well as others who champion them.
- When women are supported with fair rights, everyone benefits.
- Powered by women, driven by inspiration.
- Freedom and equality begin with education.
- Never settle for adequate. You deserve awesome.
- You have the power to make your own opportunity.
- There's nothing more beautiful than a successful woman.
- You have the power to write the script for your own life story.
- Don't succeed in spite of being female. Succeed because of all that you are.
- Inspiring women are everywhere - in boardrooms, classrooms, operating rooms, family rooms... no place is off-limits to women.
- Look forward to the day that there are no more "first woman to" stories to share. That'll be the day that women have been accepted everywhere.
- In a land where women were once not allowed to vote but where now a woman is vice president, surely we know that women can do any task and be anything they want.
Ways to Express International Women's Day Wishes
In honor of International Women's Day, use the expressions below to share thoughtful wishes with your female colleagues and comrades.
- Keep on speaking up. Your voices make all of us stronger.
- Feel your power on this most important of days. #InternationalWomensDay
- Pave the way for an even brighter tomorrow for your daughters and younger sisters.
- My wish for you on International Women's Day is that you know how much you inspire me.
- May there one day no longer be a need to fight for equality. Until that day comes, keep fighting the good fight.
- On this all-important day, know that you are seen, you are appreciated, and you are valued for all that you are.
- Keep fighting the good fight and paving the way for the women of tomorrow, so they won't face the same barriers as those who came before them.
- My wish for you on this International Women's Day is that you receive the recognition, appreciation, and opportunities that you so richly deserve.
Famous Quotes to Honor International Women's Day
No collection of International Women's Day quotes would be complete without the words of some well-known female leaders and activists who work tirelessly to remove barriers to equality.
- "There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish." - Former First Lady Michelle Obama
- "Well-behaved women seldom make history." - Harvard professor Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, Ph.D.
- "Women's rights are human rights." - Former U.S. Senator and First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton
- "A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman." - Philanthropist and activist Melinda Gates
- "In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders." ― Lean In author Sheryl Sandberg
- "We close the divide because we know to put our future first, we must first put our differences aside." - Youth Poet Laureate Amanda Gorman
- "We are bold, fearless, and ambitious. We are undaunted in our belief that we shall overcome, that we will rise up." - Vice President Kamala Harris
- "We call upon our sisters around the world to be brave - to embrace the strength within themselves and realize their full potential." Activist and Nobel Laureate Malala Yousafzai
- "We have come a considerable distance... of course, we haven't reached nirvana, but the progress that we've made makes me hopeful for the future. - Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- "There is nothing of greater importance to the well-being of society at large, of man as well as woman, than the true and proper position of woman." - Early women's rights pioneer Lucretia Mott
Spread the Word About International Women's Day
Whether you simply want to add your voice to the conversation about women's rights in honor of International Women's Day, or you want to share words of encouragement and inspiration with your colleagues, friends, family members, and other women in your life, the quotes and one-liners above provide many expressions you can use to get your point across and keep the conversation going.