Many service members must spend their birthdays away from family and friends. During these times, it helps to send some words to help the person feel better about being so far away on such a special day. Whether it's in a card, letter or email, including one of these birthday sayings will surely bring a smile to his face and warmth to his heart.
Use these original birthday sayings in a text or birthday card to help your loved one feel special no matter where they are. Add in personal details like military branch or rank to make it feel unique.
Military personnel are heroes and deserve to hear these words in thanks for their service to others.
- The day you were born was the day you became a hero.
- You've taken your life and used it to save others' lives.
- Today is a celebration of one of the nation's best heroes.
- Your life was created with a purpose - to save lives.
- You stand strong and proud putting your life on the line. Now that is a happy birthday.
- I may not be a superhero, but my superpower is making you feel special on your birthday.
- Just as you save others, I'm saving my biggest hugs and kisses for your birthday.
- You came into this world with courage and might 20 years ago, so on your birthday, we celebrate those traits that make you our hero.
- You've rescued so many valuable lives. Today we rescue you with birthday wishes meant to transport you to the safety of our hearts.
Families with strong ties to their faith can celebrate the blessings of life with these birthday messages.
- What a way to celebrate a birthday - passing on the blessing of your life to others.
- You were blessed with life and now you are blessing others with theirs.
- God sent you as a blessing to bless others.
- You are a messenger of God. May He bless you as you fulfill your duty with strength and pride.
- Happy Birthday sweet angel, God shows favor to us all in keeping you safe.
- Thanks to your devotion to the greater good we are here to celebrate this special day with you.
- Like God, you watch over us all, and we thank you with wishes for a blessed birthday.
- Rejoice on this day when you were born and God gave us the greatest gift of all, a soldier of love.
- I pray today above all others brings you love, hope, and strength as you celebrate another year of life.
Let your loved one know how much they are missed with these wishful messages.
- Fight for freedom and come home proud, birthday boy (girl).
- Every star in the sky is a wish to have you home soon.
- Deployed birthdays are sad but belated birthday homecomings are magical.
- I'll be celebrating your birthday with you in my thoughts and heart.
- I am sending you wishes of love on your birthday, no matter the distance.
- No enemy who could keep me from wishing you the happiest of birthdays.
- Your homecoming took place the moment you were born, happy birthday from our hearts, your home.
- When you look up at the moon from the ship on which you stand, you'll feel my birthday wishes beaming down into your heart.
- You're never truly missed because you're always in my heart and on special days like this you're at the forefront of my mind.
Use a military theme to tie your birthday wishes and a loved one's career into a meaningful message.
- You're not getting older, you're only getting stronger.
- The military shows you how valuable your life is... Happy Birthday!
- Live free on your birthday!
- Hold your gun high and cheer for your birthday - I know I am.
- War makes you appreciate life... yours as well as the lives of those around you.
- Take a step back and think how much better life is with you in it.
- That camouflage can't hide my beautiful (son, daughter, niece, nephew, etc.) from these loving birthday wishes.
- When it comes to your birthday, there are no sides to take. We're all wishing you a day filled with love.
More Sources for Birthday Sayings
If you need additional sayings to choose from, try this list of military family quotes, or browse the following sites:
- Greeting Card Universe sells dozens of military-themed birthday cards with general messages or messages for people in specific branches.
- Get inspired by the four military birthday cards animated with sound at Birthday Alarm.
- SpecialSpeeches.com has short toasts for military parties, and many could be used for a birthday because they show how dedicated, special and strong service members are.
Choosing the Perfect Saying
Take a minute to imagine what it feels like to be surrounded by people on your birthday, but long for the comfort of your loved one's embrace. Imagining what your service member is feeling on his special day will help you choose or write the saying that will touch his heart. Always remember, it's the thought that counts; any saying you send especially to him on his birthday will mean the world to him.